What Would You Save?

Something been on your mind that you have always wanted to ask and google is no help. Ask it here!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: What Would You Save?

Post by Ranch Dog »

daboone wrote:One of my neurologist approved meds and our Attorney General have made keeping guns in my home a crime. So I'm afraid most of my favorites are disappearing into the hands of my son's and grandsons. As my health declines it isn't a big deal to want them to be appreciated by my family.

There is no problem keeping my reloading benches, tools, powder, primers, bullets and brass. So I keep busy with projects that keep "my" guns shooting. As an added bonus I get the kids to pick me up and take me shooting with them. So all in all this isn't an issue for me. Besides they are responsible for cleaning and maintenance of my "once" collection.

I can't complain about aging as some unlucky folks don't get to. +guns

As for my favorite of all time, the M1s ( carbine and Garand ). But I love all the guns i kept.
Sorry to hear this daboone, but as you pointed out, you found the silver lining.
Michael
JohnnyEnfield
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by JohnnyEnfield »

daboone, I love your perspective. Enjoy all of it as much as you can. God bless you man. My friend I take to the range has Parkinson's disease (no longer drives) told me the other day "I love to see kids shoot more than anything now".
Reduce, reuse, recycle, means- resize, reload, recycle.
Fat Albert
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by Fat Albert »

Went to Goldstate Arms store in Pasadena Ca (Rose Parade) In 1957?. At the time the biggest gunstore on west coast. At one time it was a supermarket. They had 96 Bromhandles frames concreated in the sidewalk out front. They had a whole pile of Can. Hipowers with shoulder stock cut outs for $39.95. I could not talk him into getting one. A couple months later he mail ordered a S&W Victory Mod that had the cylinder drilled out from 38S&W to 38 Spl. It split every case that was shot in it.
Old Scribe
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Old Scribe »

That's a question I've pondered over and over. Hummm, let me get back to you on that one.
"Well here's another nice mess you've gotten me into." Oliver Hardy
Old Scribe
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Old Scribe »

Since I pack either my LC9 or my 2" .38 special I can't nail down the hand gun. Rifle/shotgun combo would have to be my Savage 24V .222, 20 gauge. And of course my .50 cal flintlock.
"Well here's another nice mess you've gotten me into." Oliver Hardy
mr surveyor
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Post by mr surveyor »

Fat Albert wrote:Went to Goldstate Arms store in Pasadena Ca (Rose Parade) In 1957?. At the time the biggest gunstore on west coast. At one time it was a supermarket. They had 96 Bromhandles frames concreated in the sidewalk out front. They had a whole pile of Can. Hipowers with shoulder stock cut outs for $39.95. I could not talk him into getting one. A couple months later he mail ordered a S&W Victory Mod that had the cylinder drilled out from 38S&W to 38 Spl. It split every case that was shot in it.

In 2007 I traded for a S&W .38 cal revolver for a daily carry "field gun" that according to Roy Jinks at S&W was made in 1941-1942. It had been re-chambered to handle the British 38/200 cartridges and apparently went to their troops. I noticed that off the shelf .38 spl rounds dropped in really easy, rattled around, and at least half the brass would split. My question to Mr. Jinks was whether it was safe to carry for my daily surveyor's needs with some plain ball .38 spl and mostly .38 snake shot. He did say it wasn't gonna be the most accurate handgun of choice, but it would be functionally safe for the purpose. I carried it in the field for less than a year before I got tired of daily rust preventive work. One of many blued field guns I got rid of, for the same reason. That old gun would do it's thing on cottonmouthcoralwaterrattlers though :)

jd
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's just some things best left unsaid on the internetsuperhighway.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

I do hate when our three poisonous snakes here in Texas interbreed into the deadly cottonmouthcoralwaterrattler!
Michael
mr surveyor
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Post by mr surveyor »

actually, it's four different nasty no-shoulders .....

copperheadedcottonmouthcoralwaterrattlers

I suppose I mis-spelled the name in the other post :lol:

jd
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's just some things best left unsaid on the internetsuperhighway.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

mr surveyor wrote:actually, it's four different nasty no-shoulders .....

copperheadedcottonmouthcoralwaterrattlers

I suppose I mis-spelled the name in the other post :lol:

jd
That is even deadlier than the first!
Michael

Return to “Question Of The Month”