American Arms 16 Gauge

Open forum for shotguns.
number1wrench
My Press Choice: Single Stage

American Arms 16 Gauge

Post by number1wrench »

I just purchased a nice old American Arms 16 Ga. single. American Arms was a house brand from early 1900's to about 1970. The one I have was manufactured by H&R in the early 1940's. Nice wood, action tight, measures improved modified choke. I am hoping to do some pattern testing and the load some tungsten alloy ITX-10 from Ballistic Products for use on doves then pheasant and duck. I will be trying different loads for different species. I would appreciate any discussion about the gun or experiences loading tungsten alloy shot or any pet loads for that matter. I have an old Stevens 20 Ga. single that I've had for years they are fun and interesting to see what these old timers do with newer technology ammo.
akuser47
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Re: American Arms 16 Gauge

Post by akuser47 »

I like the 16 gauge I had a single shot no name so rusty don't know. But I got a lot of pheasant with it. It got stolen n I never went back into that gauge. Sorry no help on shotgun loads for you just glad that the 16 gauge will still be serving a hunter.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by RBHarter »

See the it's been slow thread please . I wrote a volume ......... BPI for all your NT needs, buy your shot local it's less . Fiocchi and the CSD type wads . These are what Kent ,Estate ,and PMC use in production 12 ga steel but are compatible with other NT shot . Back in 03' it cost me $5.62 a box for 1 1/16 Oz steel and throwing away the cases after 5 shots . In 04 and 05 I bought Kent and PMC right at $6 a box in cases after taxes . I think the PMC was like 4.99 and the Kent was 6.99 after the season . Anyway I had so much and it wasn't worth 50 cents to load my own that it's been since then that I looked at parts .
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
number1wrench

Post by number1wrench »

RBHarter wrote:See the it's been slow thread please . I wrote a volume ......... BPI for all your NT needs, buy your shot local it's less . Fiocchi and the CSD type wads . These are what Kent ,Estate ,and PMC use in production 12 ga steel but are compatible with other NT shot . Back in 03' it cost me $5.62 a box for 1 1/16 Oz steel and throwing away the cases after 5 shots . In 04 and 05 I bought Kent and PMC right at $6 a box in cases after taxes . I think the PMC was like 4.99 and the Kent was 6.99 after the season . Anyway I had so much and it wasn't worth 50 cents to load my own that it's been since then that I looked at parts .
I saw your other post and agree on BPI. I just received their Sixteen Gauge Manual, good info and starting points with the non steel non toxic. Some of their loads use "steel" and "longshot" powder as well as some other common powders. Sure would like to find a stocking dealer for "ITX-10", "NICE" or "BISMUTH" within 150 miles 0f Chattanooga. Thanks for your input all helpful insightful information.

Return to “Shotgun Discussions”