357 Magnum lever gun I want

Open forum for rifles.
Shooterrick2020
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Progressive

357 Magnum lever gun I want

Post by Shooterrick2020 »

Lately I've had a desire for a 357 Magnum lever gun possibly the Henry in a case-hardened steel receiver model. Been fighting the desire for a few days but if I decide to get one my thoughts are the 357 Magnum is versatile. It complements my GP100. I already reload for that caliber. Just always wanted another lever action since I lost one destroyed in the Louisiana floods of 2016. The one I lost was a Henry n22.
If you always do what you always did you will always get what you always got.
Ohio3Wheels
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Re: 357 Magnum lever gun I want

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

I have a big boy steel in 44 magnum and love it. I have a Rossi '92 in 357 that I put a Marble tang sight on and I'm liking it a whole lot more, it was decent right out of the box but my eye and the rear sight didn't get along. I'd have bought a Rossi to fill the 44 mag longing but at the time I had the money neither the Rossi or the Marlin were available and my LGS had the Henry.

Stay well, be safe, make smoke,
Curt.......makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time +guns +guns
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by RBHarter »

I had an 1894C JM Marlin in 38/357 what a joy to shoot more so it shot everything the Sec 6 shot only better .
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by GasGuzzler »

If I were buying new (I don't) I would have trouble choosing. All current .357 levers have faults but I might actually trust the build quality of the Rossi first now that the newer ones are proving to be better than the last batch.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.

Return to “Rifle Discussions”