Open forum for rifles.
Shooterrick2020
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Progressive

Cmmg resolute 7.62 x39 hog buster

Post by Shooterrick2020 »

I'm setting this up for a wild hog hunt in my future
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If you always do what you always did you will always get what you always got.
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: Cmmg resolute 7.62 x39 hog buster

Post by RBHarter »

Looks like that ought to whack a hog just fine .
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Very nice looking rifle, it ought to do great. Tell us a bit about the rifle.

Despite being a levergun nut, the 7.62x39 has become one of my favorites cartridges. I shot three hogs with my Mini-30 this past week, still hunting before dark. I have been shooting the Speer #2213 123-grain HCSP, but my next run of ammo will be with the PPU #B-210. The bullets seem identical. I load for the Mini on the Load-Master

I also have a bolt gun, a Savage 10 FCM. This along with my SMLE Scout (303 British) are the most accurate rifles I own. (.75 MOA through 300-yards). The Savage has a .308 groove so it has a little bit more lead and can accommodate a heavier (longer) bullet, so I shoot the Speer #2023 150-grain HCSP.
Michael
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by GasGuzzler »

Ranch Dog wrote: my next run of ammo will be with the PPU #B-210.
Just ordered 300 of those for my O-PAP. I also use the Lee .312 bullet too.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

GasGuzzler wrote:
Ranch Dog wrote: my next run of ammo will be with the PPU #B-210.
Just ordered 300 of those for my O-PAP. I also use the Lee .312 bullet too.
PPU bullets have become my favorite based on performance, availability, and price (in that order). I like and believe in exposed lead-core hunting bullets, nothing beats them for hunting save a lead bullet based on my extensive hunting experience. PPU isn't afraid to expose their lead and it is deadly. With the Speer Hot-Core and Hornady Interlock bullets being increasingly tougher to find, I'm leaving those manufacturers for my jacketed bullet needs. I know these old school bullets aren't fancy and the new guys like the techy stuff, but I've seen too many of these newer designs fail when I had lease hunters. I actually stopped the use of them because of whitetail losses. All the youth hunters that the Texas Youth Hunter program sent me had to show me their exposed lead cores before they could hunt.
Last edited by Ranch Dog on 20 Apr 2020 05:36, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Grammer... ugh...
Michael
Shooterrick2020
Supporter
Supporter

The manufacturer cmmg is out of Missouri and produce some very fine rifles including the banshee short barreled rifle. Model that I have is a 16 inch barrel called the resolute with a cerakote finish.. has mlock forearm with a picatinny rail and is a hybrid for lack of a better word between an AK and a AR. Because of the 7.62 x39 caliber it is based on an AR-10 bolt. . There is a game light on the front and a primary arms 1 by 6 scope with the acss reticle. . Ranch Dog I think that's the basic highlights. . I'll add it has what is called a ripstock fully adjustable but you were able to place a set screw so that when you pull the stock out at stops and locks where you choose and the foregrip is there because of my old hands and arthritis.. other than there is no forward assist it functions and breaks down almost identical to an AR
Ohio3Wheels
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

Nice rifle, I gave some thought to the 7.62x39 but went with the 6.5 Grendel. Awaiting arrival of the scope. Saw an interesting video on you tube yesterday of a guy using the Grendel on hogs. I wouldn't ordinarily pick a 90 grain bullet for hogs but it did a number on every size from a mature sow to several shoats. Our hog problem in Ohio is pretty much limited to the SE part. I still hope to find a way to hunt down there.

Stay well, be safe, make smoke,
Curt.......makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time +guns +guns
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by GasGuzzler »

I built a 7.62X39 AR that had nothing relative to an AK but I sold it before I shot it. The only thing AK-like at all was the magazine shape (curved). It used the AR-15 sized bolt with the .308 extractor.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
Shooterrick2020
Supporter
Supporter

GasGuzzler wrote:I built a 7.62X39 AR that had nothing relative to an AK but I sold it before I shot it. The only thing AK-like at all was the magazine shape (curved). It used the AR-15 sized bolt with the .308 extractor.
Yes I looked at that possibility but there's quite a bit of research and when the AR-15 conversions were failing it was with the lighter bolt that had to to be milled out on the face. . I know it works but I just wanted a heavier Bolt group. Nothing wrong with it just my preference.

Return to “Rifle Discussions”