High Point 45 ACP Carbine!

Open forum for rifles.
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: High Point 45 ACP Carbine!

Post by GasGuzzler »

You know what they say about opinions but those are fugly with or without the aftermarket stock. I'll take a SUB 2000 instead...not ugly and folds.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

GasGuzzler wrote:You know what they say about opinions but those are fugly with or without the aftermarket stock. I'll take a SUB 2000 instead...not ugly and folds.
I would agree with that GG, but no 45 Auto. If they offered it, I would already have one, it is about $150 more than the HP.
Michael
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by GasGuzzler »

Sorry, I would prefer the 9mm...proven more accurate that it should be at 100 yds and unlike the High Point, the Keltec uses others' OEM magazines so one can run 30+ rounders made for a Glock.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
mikld
Founding Member & Supporter

Post by mikld »

When I posted my new gun report I figgered the "ugly" "cheap", "low quality junk" posts would have come sooner. No, my H-P is not as sophisticated, well manufactured as my $1,000.00 Garand, but it performs nearly as well...

I like the High-Point carbine. I chose 45 ACP because I like throwing big bullets down range, and I believe the 45 ACP is an "intrinsically accurate" cartridge. My gun is much more than I expected from an inexpensive gun (I thought Kel-Tec guns were cheap, so-so quality guns, from what I've read, but I don't have one so I won't bad-mouth them, but I think it'a ugly; looks like a toy fun I made when I was 10, used a stick and a nail for a sight. Read about a SUB 2000 recall, but no High-Point recalls??). As my original post states, the gun is more accurate than I expected (1" @ 35 yds.) and I have "fixed" the feeding problem (my handloads, not the gun). Next outing I'll try some 100 yard groups and I have a red dot/reflex sight coming, to add to the "fuglyness"...
mr surveyor
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Post by mr surveyor »

I will admit to going through a couple of 9mm carbines myself. I bought a used KelTec Sub 2000 (Beretta grip) in 2006 and blasted a lot of (then) cheap 9mm ammo through it. Then in 2008 (or 2009) bought a (slightly used) Beretta Storm CX4 and blasted quite a few rounds through it. Even though the Beretta cost me 2-1/2 times as much as the KT S2K, it just couldn't beat the accuracy (+/-) of the S2K. Ended up trading the Beretta for a couple of Mossberg Maveric shotguns (and other stuff) a few years later. I almost bought a High Point carbine around 2010 and then got to wondering if a really had a "need" and let it go.

If Blazer "aluminum" 9mm was still $2.89 a box and Blazer "brass" was $3.89 a box, I could consider the affordability of range "spray and pray" (just my personal opinion of the 9mm pcc). The .45 Auto does seem to be much more interesting though. Dang it .... now y'all got me thinking about looking at that danged futuristic, monkey toting, buttugly, HP pcc again. :)

jd
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's just some things best left unsaid on the internetsuperhighway.
mikld

Post by mikld »

The 45 ACP has "authority"!
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by RBHarter »

Rumored to be a 995 with 32 bullets stuck . Speaks to strength if nothing else.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Oh my!
Michael
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

You guys are awful. I called my FFL and asked him if he had a 4595TS?

"Yeap, have one with the Bushnell Red Dot on it."

"Okay, I'll pick it up next week."
Michael
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

My 45 Autos are Taurus, so I've been shooting fat bullet to accommodate their needs. I recently made a post about using Lee's over-diameter dies to fill its needs. If the chamber, bore, and groove is cut to the SAAMI spec it means I will need a new bullet and a few dies.

Great, NOE has the standard diameter version of my design in stock. I will powder coat the bullets, so they feed nice and slick through the Load-Master.

Michael

Return to “Rifle Discussions”