Added Some Older .22 to RF Collection

Open forum for rifles.
Macd
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Added Some Older .22 to RF Collection

Post by Macd »

My friend and I bought seven RF .22 rifles from an estate. He kept four, a Remington 41P, two Marlin 81D's and a prewar (26 inch barrel) Savage 3B. I chose (top to bottom in picture) a Winchester-Cooey 600, Mossberg 340B and a Cooey Mod 39 . The Cooeys were the first rifles I ever owned. The 39 was found in every farmhouse, cabin, trapper's tent, cottage and country home in Canada. The stock is not original but I have my eye on a parts gun that has a decent stock so I may switch it out. Note the large trigger guard, meant to accommodate knitted "Trigger" mittens. The 600 has had diopter sights and globe front added but I have access to the original iron sights.

I really get off on the old rimfires. They are a joy to shoot and surprisingly accurate for what, for the most part, were economy rifles.
Rifles.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
akuser47
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Re: Added Some Older .22 to RF Collection

Post by akuser47 »

Nice guns I agree on the model 39 my dad has one. Only downside is its heavy.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Added Some Older .22 to RF Collection

Post by daboone »

I grew up with my dad's Winchester 1903 simiauto hunting mongoose. Damn I have so many great memories with that rifle. I could walk down mainstreet of Paauilo, my home town, and nobody blinked an eye.
Earned 25 cents bounty for every tail I turned in. I made more $$ the the gods could have dreamed of. Life was perfect! Wish I still had it for my grandkids.
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.

Return to “Rifle Discussions”