Switch to full style
Open forum for muzzleloaders.
Post a reply

My favorite pistol

25 Feb 2019 02

Hi,
shooting my muzzleloader pistol makes me a lot of fun. About 20 years ago, without kids, I could afford getting me a handcrafted muzzleloader for target shooting. It's a Billinghurst replica, made by Tilo Dedinski, cal. 36.
I load it with .354 round ball (casted with my lee mould) and appropriate patches. I wet the patches with a mixture of 70% spirit, 29% glycerin and 1% dishwashing liquid. This keeps the barrel clean. I use 10grs of swiss black powder #2, which burns very clean.

What's your favourite muzzleloader ?

BR Jörg

Re: My favorite pistol

25 Feb 2019 06

That is a very nice looking pistol!

25 Feb 2019 07

Looks good. I liked your wad lube recipe. My friend shoots a flintlock pistol but hates the cleaning up.
Last edited by Macd on 25 Feb 2019 16, edited 1 time in total.

25 Feb 2019 11

Südhesse wrote:Hi,
shooting my muzzleloader pistol makes me a lot of fun. About 20 years ago, without kids, I could afford getting me a handcrafted muzzleloader for target shooting. It's a Billinghurst replica, made by Tilo Dedinski, cal. 36.
I load it with .354 round ball (casted with my lee mould) and appropriate patches. I wet the patches with a mixture of 70% spirit, 29% glycerin and 1% dishwashing liquid. This keeps the barrel clean. I use 10grs of swiss black powder #2, which burns very clean.

What's your favourite muzzleloader ?

BR Jörg

Beautiful! I have a soft spot for the underhammer. I have one as well in .36, although it's a common rifle (Hopkins and Allen) here in the States. It is 'dead nuts' accurate out to about 110 meters before accuracy starts to degrade with a round ball. It was marketed as a Squirrel (Eichhörnchen) rifle here.

26 Feb 2019 15

Noticed this hand made underhammer muzzel loader while on holiday.

Texas farmers market.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

26 Feb 2019 15

Interesting, looks like the hammer is part of the trigger?

28 Feb 2019 14

Looks great, I love it

04 Mar 2019 03

I'm not much into muzzleloaders, but the gun I shoot the most is my LeMat

IMG_7617_klein.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

04 Mar 2019 08

Fyodor wrote:I'm not much into muzzleloaders, but the gun I shoot the most is my LeMat

IMG_7617_klein.jpg

Those are beasts! I've passed on a couple of those.....still kind of kicking myself over it

05 Mar 2019 03

It shoots like a 22 rimfire. 4 pounds of gun, a .44 cal round ball and 14 grains of powder. Just see how short that cylinder is!
Post a reply