Light Titegroup Loads

Open forum for handguns.
TRSmith
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Light Titegroup Loads

Post by TRSmith »

So I am looking to create a 38 special (snubby), "mouse-fart" TITEGROUP load for some relaxed practice at a 30 foot target. I was told by someone at RimRock not to go below 3.1 grains for the 148 SWCs I bought from them. Well, I started testing at 3.0, as I only have Federal magnum primers, and today I was down to 2.6 grains. Even the 2.6s seem to have a fair amount of kick to them, and I am befuddled. How low might I go and still stay semi-accurate at 30 feet? Please advise...
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: Light Titegroup Loads

Post by GasGuzzler »

Guessing...at that short a distance you're fine as long as you don't stick a bullet in the barrel.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
Green Frog
My Press Choice: Lee Loader

Post by Green Frog »

Not to be a smart aleck, but if that load gives too much “kick” you might want to go to a 32 or ven a 22 instead of that 38. Otherwise, enough practice should overcome that recoil sensitivity you are experiencing. If you want the bullet to travel out of the barrel, Physics demands that there be recoil, so rather than trying to defy those laws, you can adjust with a smaller body or increased recoil tolerance. Good luck.

Froggie
mr surveyor
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Post by mr surveyor »

wax boolits and just primers

jd
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's just some things best left unsaid on the internetsuperhighway.
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by RBHarter »

There are a few WC as small as 35 gr for 38/357/9 .
There is always the Round Ball option also .
I have an aircraft rivet squeezer tool , and mashed 00B down to .365ish and ran pairs through a .358 bullet sizer with lubing in the radius between them . Fun to shoot , about 100 gr I think .
Another option is 380 or 9mm cast bullet sized .358ish . They are available up to .359 dia and down to 75-85 gr . Use 380 data for cast 380 bullets to start . I'd expect the hammer fall to be almost as violent as the discharge .
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....

Return to “Handgun Discussions”