Taurus Class Action Finalized

Open forum for handguns.
cj8281
250 Shots
250 Shots
My Press Choice: Turret

Taurus Class Action Finalized

Post by cj8281 »

I have a Taurus PT 24/7 Pro in 9mm that just won't run. I think the previous owner stretched the springs out so that it would work for awhile then they shrank back and the gun just won't run. I can't even get through a whole mag without an issue. It is also not ammo specific. I contacted Taurus today about it and the customer rep gave me the website tauruscartersettlement.com and then wouldn't tell me anything else about it. So I have one that is going back. A friend suggested stretching the springs out and seeing if that would help. It did, for about the same amount of time that it worked when I first got it. Both mag springs and firing pin spring. I also have a PT24/7 Pro DS in .40 and that gun just runs beautifully. The only function issue that I had with it was my fault, I loaded some ammo too light, trying to see how light I could go and still function. The ammo caused it to fail about half the time so I bumped it back up a bit and it runs great. I will now see if I can get it to fire like the ones I have seen on youtube, if not, it is staying home.
The deadline for the class action is February 6, 2017.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: Taurus Class Action Finalized

Post by Ranch Dog »

You mean February 6, 2018?

I have five pistols that are types listed in the class action, but in that, I have no issues with them, none are going back. They are all Millenium Pros chambered in 32 Auto, 380 Auto, 45 Auto (2), and 9mm Luger. My problem with the class action is that they took a pistol that retailed at about $335 and in return send you one that retails for $175. Additionally, you have two choices; 9mm Luger or 40 S&W. So, what about my four pistols that are neither?

The two lawsuits that created the class action could not have come a worse time for Taurus as their stock price was measured in pennies vs. dollars. They got busy developing the replacement pistol specifically to address this return rather than offer a fix that they say is not possible. I say it was a method of reducing the class action debt by 50%. What Taurus has done, is completely devalue their product, forever. The warranty and the value of their firearms mean nothing to the prospective buyer. If you buy it, don't ever expect to turn it for more than 50% as that is the value Taurus themselves placed on their products.

I like my Taurus pistols and revolvers. As I saw the class action developing, I sold all those that I didn't immensely enjoy, so I'm down to nine. These I will shoot and toss once they don't shoot as they have no value. I will never buy another Taurus.
Michael
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

I guess you can tell Taurus is a real hot button for me :twisted:

I've talked dozens of potential owners out of buying them while they stand at the gun counter. Whatever is in the case is better than what they are looking at. Even a Jimenez Arms or Highpoint is a better product. Those manufactures stand, unquestionably, behind their products and sell spare parts. Two retailers have stopped carrying the Taurus line after hearing me preach about them, they don't want to own the sale if the Company that built them won't. Yay! %@*&$ you Taurus!
Michael
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by GasGuzzler »

LOL
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

They still are not doing too good. When the markets open this morning, a share will trade for 78¢ US. I believe that before all this started they were above $13 US.
Michael
cj8281
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by cj8281 »

I got my replacement pistol last Monday. I guess I will clean it and take it to the range and see how it does. On the Utah Gun Exchange, there is already one of the replacement guns for sale. Sportsman's Warehouse carries the same model for $300.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

How long did it take from sending until receiving the replacement?

I saw their new 1911 Officer and it got me interested, but my experience just cooled me down on a future purchase. I like the models I own, but doubt I will ever replace them with another Taurus.
Michael
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

I get the minutes from the Court; in that, I filled an objection. In the mail over the weekend, I see that the Court just whacked Taurus again because they have been ignoring a fellow in Puerto Rico that is trying to return a pistol and has not been successful, so he wrote the Court. Boneheads at Taurus don't understand that PR is part of US.
Michael
barracudadave67
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by barracudadave67 »

The Only Taurus pistol I might buy, if I wanted one would be The Judge, or one of its variants.
I have one of their 1911s, in .45 ACP, and it shoots fine, I like it.
My son had one in .45 also, and he had to send it back, the extractor broke off, they sent him a new gun, and it works fine. This was about 5 years ago.
I've had my 1911, for about that long. But no more for me.
I also have two of their Gauchos in .357 Mag, that was their Colt mod 1873 copy, and they shoot fine (excellent). They discontinued them, and they don't supported at all. Taurus, and Rossi do this all to often, for me.
I have a feeling that the Circuit Judge is next, in the unsupported line, along with the 92s. They have quit making the Thunderbolt, so parts for it will probably dry up also.
At my age I have all the fire power I need.

Dave
cj8281
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by cj8281 »

I sent it in on November 10th, 2017. So almost 3 months.

Return to “Handgun Discussions”