7.62X54 R collet neck sizing die

Do you have a product idea for Lee Precision?
Forum rules
Remember that this forum is not associated with Lee Precision, this is just a customer based discussion of product ideas.
beekeeper

7.62X54 R collet neck sizing die

Post by beekeeper »

Had my son check everything for me and his answer was I needed a neck sizing collet die for the mosins.
Everything else has one or a workaround that works.
Contacted Lee yesterday and their answer was very few people ever asked for one.

o if you shoot cast in a mosin give them a shout and maybe we will get one in production or maybe RD has some pull and can get one started

Beekeeper

PS: just kidding RD
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: 7.62X54 R collet neck sizing die

Post by RBHarter »

I wonder if you could use an 7.92x57l (J) die ? The 1 for the .318 8X57 found in an original untouched 95 or early 98 infantry, as opposed to the infantry Spitzer (JS) that is .323.
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by daboone »

I use a Lee 308 collet die and a washer.;) Find some washers big enough slip over the case. The washer will rest on top of the shellholder. What this washer will do is stop on the collet die from going down to far on the case before the mandrel sizes the case's neck. Works for me. :D

I'm not home now but it took me 3 different washers of different thickness to find the right thickness to get the sizing right. I remember it wasn't the thinnest one, maybe 1/16th in thick? It wasn't the thinnest or the thickest one I pick up at my hardware store.
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

Just special order one.
Michael

Return to “Product Ideas”