Improved Lock Stud #90110

Do you have a product idea for Lee Precision?
Forum rules
Remember that this forum is not associated with Lee Precision, this is just a customer based discussion of product ideas.
buckeye43210
250 Shots
250 Shots
My Press Choice: Progressive

Improved Lock Stud #90110

Post by buckeye43210 »

Lee should copy the copycats by extending the quarter inch shank on the LEE lock stud (part number 90110). The Smartreloader XT - Multi Purpose Lock Stud is an example.

This would make their lock stud work better with cordless screwdrivers...
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Improved Lock Stud #90110

Post by Ranch Dog »

Great idea and I'm surprised that Lee hasn't expanded the use of their tools.
Smart_Reloader_XT_Multi_Purpose_Lock_Stud.jpg
Isn't SmartReloader the outfit that does the copycat presses? I wonder where they are located as I used to see their stuff online when I searched for Lee products?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Michael
buckeye43210
250 Shots
250 Shots

Re: Improved Lock Stud #90110

Post by buckeye43210 »

Yes, Smartreloader is the outfit with the copycat presses. They are still out there if you know where to look.

For the other tools that don't require the shell holder lock stud, Redding sells their Primer Pocket Uniformer Tool Power Adapter, or you can use an 8-32 hex standoff.

If your cordless screwdriver has a magnet to hold the bits and you use a non-ferris material like aluminum for your adapter, you may have to cut the standoff down so the magnet in the screwdriver can "stick" to the shaft of the steel tool or you can insert a set screw in the bottom of the standoff.

More to follow...

Happy Hacking!

Return to “Product Ideas”