10 Gauge LEE Loader: Load chart needed.

The little red box that started it all!
nitro-express
My Press Choice: Single Stage

10 Gauge LEE Loader: Load chart needed.

Post by nitro-express »

I've owned a few of the LEE Loaders, in pistol, rifle and shotgun. I usually buy the gunshow orphans and scounge the pieces to complete them. I usually sell them as I just don't use them that often.

The other day I saw an ad for 3 loaders, a 20 ga 2 3/4", a 16 ga 2 3/4" and a 10 ga 2 7/8". I thought these would go nice with my 12 ga. so I bought them.

The 16 ga deluxe was complete and lightly used, needs nothing. The 20 ga deluxe is missing the 6 segment crimp starter, and came with the wrong powder dipper. I replaced the dipper, and I'm on the lookout for a crimp starter.

The 10 ga is a basic set, looks un-used, but is missing the load chart and came with 2 powder dippers, which I assume are incorrect. It's also missing the load chart.

I've done a bit of searching online, but haven't come across a load chart, or any other info. I'd like to complete the set, can someone post a picture of the load chart.

Also included was a rather incomplete set of 444 Marlin tools, in a plastic bag. I found a load chart online and had the pieces to make it complete. I need a lid, and I really should get a priming punch, as this one was swiped from my 458 Win Mag set.

From the name I thought this was a group that centered around the LEE Loader, I took the name too literal, my bad. Loader as in "re" Loader, I get it now.

My first post, looking forward to more.
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: 10 Gauge LEE Loader: Load chart needed.

Post by GasGuzzler »

Lee has some of that. You'd have to call and see what they have for the discontinued sets.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
nitro-express
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by nitro-express »

GasGuzzler wrote:Lee has some of that. You'd have to call and see what they have for the discontinued sets.
I submitted a ticket and got this reply "The Lee Loader for shotgun shells were made by Lee Custom Engineering. For the whole story, read Richard Lee's article in Handloaders Digest, 17 th. ed. Lee Custom Engineering has been out of business since 1988, and Lee Precision does not make parts for those tools. We have no plans in bringing this tool in to regular production. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

In the early years LEE had a few legal struggles, LEE Precision, the latest venture has been successful and hasn't faced too much litigation.

And I can appreciate that LEE Precision would not have any documentation for a product long ago discontinued by another company.

http://gunlore.awardspace.info/gunknow/LeeTools.htm
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

The link is a very good article about the birth of Lee Precision! Thanks!
Michael

Return to “Lee Loader®”