Pistol Machine Rest

Early, hard to find items for the Lee Enthusiast!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Pistol Machine Rest

Post by Ranch Dog »

Someone asked me a question as to whether Lee Custom/Precision produced the Pistol Machine Reset. So here it is in an updated catalog.

Notice the "constant," the Lee logo, and the sticker covering whatever name/address was on the catalog.

I had one of these but found it too much of a hassle to shoot with.
Michael
Ohio3Wheels
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Re: Pistol Machine Rest

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

I know what you mean about hassle. I have a Ransom Rest and it probably hasn't been to the range in 25 years. Bought it when we were shooting IHMSA and it helped with everything except the XP100.

Make smoke,
Curt.......makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time +guns +guns
horseman
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by horseman »

Ranch Dog wrote:Someone asked me a question as to whether Lee Custom/Precision produced the Pistol Machine Reset. So here it is in an updated catalog.

Notice the "constant," the Lee logo, and the sticker covering whatever name/address was on the catalog.

I had one of these but found it too much of a hassle to shoot with.

Never saw one of those before. If someone is looking for a "decent" pistol rest they may take a look at Shooter Ridge Steady Point. It's not a "capture" type rest (Ransom Rest) but is a solid set up. They run 35-40 bucks and pretty well made. I have one and use it on occasion and works better for me than bags do and it's a lot easier to handle than bags plus it's quite adjustable. It ain't perfect but it does a good job and has shown me that my guns shoot a lot better than I do. I do use a "pad" of some sort over the barrel (Y) portion to help with barrel jump and for extra finish protection. All in all I would give it an 8 out of ten.
Green Frog
My Press Choice: Lee Loader

Post by Green Frog »

I decided sometime back in the early Nineties I “needed” one of these. Over the years I bought odd lots of parts to get the inserts I wanted for my various handguns. Anyway, I ended up with one base and three of the upper part along with a pretty good assortment of grip inserts.
About a week ago I found a reasonably priced base on everybody’s favorite auction site, so now I have a complete second unit along with a couple of duplicate inserts. I may offer a set here or I may just take it to the next gun show.

Froggie

Return to “Lee Custom Engineering & Lee Precision Memorabilia”