Lyman 57 SME Receiver Sight FS, "new"

BST items between members. No commercial sales! Newly Registered Members with five (5) or fewer posts...
Forum rules
To participate in this forum, you must have more than five (5) posts. All listings must:
  • Be offered by the owner of the item.
  • List the specific item(s) up for sale.
  • Include your asking price & shipping conditions.
  • Not include any links other than image links.
  • Not be a commercial sale.
These additional rules apply:
  • This section of the forum is not a discussion forum, it is simply a Buy, Sell, Trade, or Pay It Forward posting.
    • Discussions are to be related only to the conditions of the transaction, between the poster and participant.
    • Discussions outside of the specific transaction will be deleted without notification.
    • If you have a suggestion or a comment with no intent of participating in the transaction, use the appropriate PM or email link and send the user a message.
  • Listings that are noted as sold or completed will be locked.
  • All ads will be auto-pruned [removed] 90 days after the last post. The "Bump" feature at the bottom of the page, if available, can be used to keep the listing active. "Bump" is available after 7-days of inactivity.
  • Pruned ads can be relisted.

Lyman 57 SME Receiver Sight FS, "new"

Postby Jeff H » 22 Jun 2019 12

Lyman 57 SME Receiver Sight for Mauser, FN, Springfield, SAKO. Mounted on a gun several years ago to check the D/T job and never actually used. This is an ALUMINUM sight, not the old steel version. I got this in the late nineties(?). Includes box, papers, both apertures.

$55 Shipped

Boiler-Plate: When I say “shipped,” I mean not outside the lower 48 via USPS and/or HI or AK if there is no cost difference. Not outside the US. All shipments will be insured. Personal check, Postal Money Order, no PayPal, please.

Thanks for lookin'
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jeff H
Supporter
Supporter

My Press Choice: Turret

Re: Lyman 57 SME Receiver Sight FS, "new"

Postby RBHarter » 23 Jun 2019 09

Being lazy and uneducated on add on peeps .........
The 57 is it a top mount or side mount ?
I bought a box full of sights once for M70 thinking I could adjust to fit ....... Never going to happen on the Gew 98' to hide the side mount d&t .
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member

My Press Choice: Single Stage

Postby Jeff H » 23 Jun 2019 14

RBHarter wrote:Being lazy and uneducated on add on peeps .........
The 57 is it a top mount or side mount ? ................

Mounts on the right side of the rear bridge. The "beam" upon which the aperture is mounted hangs over the center of the bridge. This is an 09 Argentine and the very sight up for sale. The rifle is already gone.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jeff H
Supporter
Supporter

Postby RBHarter » 23 Jun 2019 22

Sweet !
I have to defer but that is definitely the the set I should have had .
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member

My Press Choice: Single Stage

Postby Jeff H » 24 Jun 2019 09

Thanks for asking, RB. The more info the better. Here's another shot of that sight on that rifle. I forget too that the Halcyon days of finding old Mausers to play with are over - again. I saw a dry spell from the late seventies to the late eighties (barring the infusion of Swedes) too. A lot of folks may not be up on all the old Mauser data, so I'll add that this sight fits 98 Mauser variants as well as pre-98s (like the Swedes, Spanish, etc.).

The particular model I am displaying is a version of 98 specified by the Argentinians in 1909. In basic Mauser-talk, it's "just another '98." To the wiser gunsmith, it was a great find because it had a hinged floor-plate and excellent workmanship (DWM factory). It is possible that on some South/Central American Mausers (some Peruvians, I think) there's a pronounced protrusion characterizing the clip ears. These are immediately recognizable because they are pretty scarce and therefore look "odd" to anyone who has seen a few Mausers. This protrusion may or may not interfere. I've never looked into it. I believe it's safe to say that this sight will fit 99%+ of the Mausers that came to the US. If NOT, then you may just have a more collectible version than the norm.
Jeff H
Supporter
Supporter

Return to All Other Items