Donation Request Time!

Please start here!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Donation Request Time!

Post by Ranch Dog »

For the past three years, this forum has been made available through the generosity of its members. Our budget is small, and I did not request donations last year because the balance from the previous year would cover our operating costs. It is time to fill the coffers as that balance now will cover about three months of our expenses.

There are donation links in the subheader or at the bottom of the page near the "Donation Goal" bar. The links will take you to PayPal, but you do not need a PayPal account for both credit & debit card transactions are accepted without the PayPal account. There has been a bit of confusion when you use a credit or debit card as the final step PayPal will ask you if you want to open an account. If you are not interested in an account, click "No Thanks" to complete the transaction.

Some people prefer to send a personal check, please PM me for my address.

The "Goal" bar will not immediately reflect the impact of your donation as It is updated after I reconcile my PayPal account. Thank you for your support.

The donation link is visible on any page in the toolbar.

The link is also visible at the bottom of the Board Index page in the footer.

Here is the link itself: Donation
 ! Message from: Ranch Dog
The links are not visible in the mobile view, please use the link above.
Michael
Steelbanger
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: Donation Request Time!

Post by Steelbanger »

I just made a deposit via PayPal. I feel lucky and blessed to have all these friends. Thanks RD.

Frank
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

I appreciate your comments and support!
Michael
alphalimafoxtrot
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Lee Loader

Post by alphalimafoxtrot »

Michael,

I just made a post on your Rossi site asking about this site - when I get back home this weekend and make my Rossi donation, let me know if I should also make a separate Lee Loader donation here. I'd prefer to just make one at Rossi Rifleman if that can effectively cover both for you.

thanks

Adam
I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Thanks, Adam!

My two forums are tied at the hip. As long as you use the same email address or username, I generally can figure it out. If I don't, just let me know and I will take care of the support bullet and associate both member accounts.

In a couple of days, after the month closes, I will have a report on our affairs.
Michael
alphalimafoxtrot
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Lee Loader

Post by alphalimafoxtrot »

RD, I finally donated on the Rossi Rifleman site today. Better late than never!! :roll:

Adam Lee
I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

alphalimafoxtrot wrote:RD, I finally donated on the Rossi Rifleman site today. Better late than never!! :roll:
The membership and I thank you!
Michael
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Thanks to our generous membership, our budget goals for this year have been exceeded providing funding into the next year.

Member support of the forum started in 2016, and this forum has been fully supported by you since. I investigated the possibility of automating support notifications and recurring donations through PayPal and the coding required is beyond my ability to do and to have it professionally written would quickly exhaust our funds. PayPal throws in an additional block in this as it would require me to have a business account that robs our funds further through State Sales Tax and the IRS. Coders and taxing authorities all want a piece of the pie, and I'm not going to let them have it, so donating will remain the simple thing that it is.

It remains important to me that I identify those that do support, I've done that with the “Supporter” icon on your member account, but I need a method of keeping our support roster current.

We typical exceed an annual donation goal, and with that in mind, your “Supporter” icon will be visible for an 18 month period from the date of your last donation. The month prior to this period being exceeded, I will send you a reminder via PM.

My goal here is to keep the membership involved in the financial support of the forum. It doesn't take a lot and given our numbers a $5 membership for the period, 18 months, will cover our needs. All of this is an effort get more members involved through smaller donations by the individual. If you have never contribution, please consider.
Michael
mikld
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by mikld »

Hmmm. I made a donation to Lee Loader but the "paid" page said I made a donation to the "Rossi Rifleman" forum? Whuz up?
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

mikld wrote:Hmmm. I made a donation to Lee Loader but the "paid" page said I made a donation to the "Rossi Rifleman" forum? Whuz up?
You made the donation through the Rossi Rifleman. The email notice I receive includes your forum user ID and the website it came from. If you used a PayPal account, the same info is in the transaction detail. Your ID is from the RR, not the LL. You see your ID by clicking on your username anywhere it is displayed. It will show in the address bar.

Code: Select all

http://lee-loader.com/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=XXX
The "XXX" is the ID; they will be different on both forums.

I've been pretty good at identifying those that have accounts on both forums, but I missed you. In that both forums share the kitty, one sinks with the others, any donation coming from one forum is good for the other. I missed your accounts, and there might be others as it is not done automatically, only if I recognize it as it comes in.
Michael

Return to “Registration, Rules, and Information”