Pleasant experience with Lee Customer Service

This forum is for members to relate their Lee Precision customer service experience, both good and bad, but it must be done in a reasonable and civil fashion. Rants will be moderated. Newly Registered Members with five (5) or fewer posts...
Forum rules
  • This site is not associated with Lee Precision nor is Lee Precision responsible for this site's content nor do they or any of their representatives participate on this forum!
  • Rants will be moderated.
  • To participate in this forum, you must have more than five (5) posts.
jrhmem01
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Pleasant experience with Lee Customer Service

Post by jrhmem01 »

Just received my Auto Breech Lock Pro. In my mad rush to get it installed on the bench I didn't notice that the spent primer tube was missing from the box. A quick email to to Lee CS and 30 minutes later the part is processed for shipment. First time since 1997 dealing with Lee CS and am VERY impressed.
akuser47
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: Pleasant experience with Lee Customer Service

Post by akuser47 »

great to hear
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

Yes, they are really good people. I've had an employee helping me with a project as we speak.
Michael
oscarflytyer

Post by oscarflytyer »

Can't say anything bad about Lee Service at all. They have been very helpful more than once. Same for Lyman and especially RCBS. Much more than I can say about nearly any other set of industry manufacturers!
Fyodor
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter

Post by Fyodor »

I also just yesterday asked for a single part. I need an additional sizing die body, but the old one isn't broken, I just need one more, so I don't have to swap. LEE send me a link to the part in the shop, but when ordering I saw a comment "This part is free for you". I need to pay shipping only, even if it wasn't a replacement at all!
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
- Evelyn Beatrice Hall, often misattributed to Voltaire

I think I'm thinking, therefore I may possibly be.
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by daboone »

I've always had good service. The reps 99% of the time have been willing to go into detail about any issues/problems I've had. The one time I got negative I ask to talk to someone else and all was well in getting the issue resolved to my satisfaction.

Personally I believe any rep or the person initiating the call may be having a bad attitude day. The Attitude of caller is of paramount importance. You can't start off with the attitude that "this POS Lee tool is all Lee's problem and what are you going to do about it!!??" That not the way to solve any problem. To many reloaders have a "Lee hater" attitude or simply don't know how to read directions before they get %@*&$ off and call to complain. So it's no wonder an occasional rep isn't willing to be told he's an idiot or his product.
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by GasGuzzler »

I am a dealer automotive technician. You can only imagine certain customer attitudes as if I designed and built their vehicle AND how hacks in my industry have ruined MY reputation (to some, those that use the term "stealership") without my doing. Most overly p-oh'd people have nothing nice of their own and by their own misuse not only ruin their stuff, but blame you and your mom for it.......expecting freebies.

That being said I have very few RCBS items yet they've been the best on CSR in my experience . Honestly, I'm not super-impressed with the "free" parts they offer when they require me to pay double-cost shipping making it more than a new one with free shipping off eBay.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
EdgeOfEden

Post by EdgeOfEden »

I also have had excellent customer service from Lee Precision. They will continue to take good care of you.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

GasGuzzler wrote:Honestly, I'm not super-impressed with the "free" parts they offer when they require me to pay double-cost shipping making it more than a new one with free shipping off eBay.
I've run into the same thing. I appreciate the free parts but the shipping is out the door outrageous. The trouble is, it can be tough to find parts such as various die bodies for replacements or for other uses like the Carbide Factory Crimp Die bodies for the Bulge Buster. FS Reloading is probably the best source for these parts and it helps to have the older die sheet instructions, for the cartridge in question, as you will no longer find these parts in a search on the Lee website.

Case in point is my decision to move the 218 Bee, 25-20 Win, and 32-20 Win to the Load-Master. I like a bare sizing die body over the priming station (#2). It is not required, but something I like. I'm going to use the 32-20 Win body for all three of them, as that way the case shoulder will not be influenced on the 218 Bee and 25-20 Win.

Anyway, I had the part number so I was able to find it on Lee's site and the first one was free and the other two at a fair price. The shipping seemed outrageous. I looked up the die body on FS Reloading, they had them at the same price Lee lists them at but the shipping was a third of Lee's, making the purchase of the three dies from FS a couple of bucks less than taking the free part from Lee. This is what GG is talking about it and this is not the first time I've run into it. Strip out a decapper clamp and sure you can get the part for free from Lee, but you can buy three shipped on eBay for what the shipping of that free part will cost.
Michael
DocHolliday

Post by DocHolliday »

Good experience today. Called for case fees ramp that was damaged by an upside down case. Since the press is only two months old, the new part is being shipped no charge.

Return to “Lee Precision Customer Service Experiences”