Arthritis vs Case Prep

Share your projects and problem solving with other forum members! New sub-forum for 3D printer projects for your reloading needs.
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Arthritis vs Case Prep

Post by daboone »

The handle is a Lee ball epoxied to a cut off 223R case which in turn was epoxied to the 3 jaw chuck. I had the extra Lee balls left over after I swapped them out for pool balls on my presses. It just make the arthritis a lot less aggravating for my hands and fingers.

While I'm at it here is another simple thing to do to ball handles on presses. Steal a baby sock from you grandkid's drawer and slip it over the ball. Add a twist tie to hold it in place if necessary. This is the poormans "Roller Handle". :roll:

Note: The only baby's soxs I had access to at the time was my granddaughter. So my feminine side is on display with pink a sox on each press. Over time it has become a two toned grimey black top and still pink on the cuff section. This makes me feel more masculine so it ain't getting washed! +guns
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.
Chickenthief
My Press Choice: Lee Loader

Re: Arthritis vs Case Prep

Post by Chickenthief »

You could do the same with a drill chuck!
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by GasGuzzler »

Chickenthief wrote:You could do the same with a drill chuck!
But not using the 3-jaw. If someone can please post a video or at least a detailed explanation.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by daboone »

GG, see PM for my phone number
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.
bayou
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Post by bayou »

I also use the 3-jaw chuck in the drill. The cutter with a ball handle and rod gets inserted into the case. Not much effort, really. I guess the most strength is need to tighten and untighten the brass in the 3-jaw chuck. Using common garden gloves helps alot...

Bayou
bayou
NRA Life Member

Return to “DIY Projects & Tips”