catch bin

Share your projects and problem solving with other forum members! New sub-forum for 3D printer projects for your reloading needs.
Blanco
My Press Choice: Turret

catch bin

Post by Blanco »

I read a fairy old post on adding foam to the bottom of the catch bin.
I started out with the same issue in mind. My solution has morphed a bit beyond that particular fix.
I actually got a much larger bin to replace the dinky thing Lee sends with the Loadmaster. I also put foam in the bottom of mine to prevent jumpers. My process of gauging my loaded rounds had me mixing checked rounds back in with un-checked rounds.
My solution was to add the small bin back inside the larger one and use a piece of Scotch brite in the bottom as a damper. I also have a bunch of clear containers that snacks come in from Walmart, such as Tex Mex Trail mix or the Cajun spice Trail Mix. These happen to fit just right into the un-used end of the larger bin.
One of my checks is to load up one tube of brass (about 22-25 rounds) and then gauge these before proceeding. This helps keep my scrap rate lower if there is a problem. Good rounds are then dropped into the snack container. These are handy and can be marked with the load data for the next range trip.
Blanco
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: catch bin

Post by Blanco »

Bin.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: catch bin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Very practical idea, thanks!
Michael

Return to “DIY Projects & Tips”