Vitha Vouri powder

Proofing your loaded ammuntion.
hydraglide
My Press Choice: Progressive

Vitha Vouri powder

Post by hydraglide »

Hi guys, does anyone use VV powder for reloading .44, if so I'm looking for some info on how much you use, I've checked out the VV website and think I've found the starting weight for N32c at 7.7 grains, up to 9.3. The info on their site seems a bit vague, well to me anyway. So if anyone uses this can you tell me how much you use. I normally use Titegroup but my local shop only had VV so I thought I'd try it. Info for 357 would be appreciated to. Thanks in anticipation . Chris
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: Vitha Vouri powder

Post by GasGuzzler »

Need to know what style and weight bullet you are using.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

I've never seen the powder brand here in South Texas, but I might be able to help you a bit with it. VihtaVouri 32C is the renamed Tin Star. It is similar to Hodgdon's Trail Boss, which are low pressure and velocity cowboy action powders. They are bulky powders to fill the case and burn clean, a great alternative to black powder. I wouldn't overthink either of these powders. In fact, Hodgdon has a PDF sheet (attached) on how to determine TB loads if there is none available.

You have probably seen the VV32C data from their website.
VV32C 44 Mag.jpg
I would take the bullet that I'm going to use and follow Hodgdon's instructions about marking, filling to the mark, measuring, and then the math to see where the numbers sit against the VV data.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Michael
hydraglide

Post by hydraglide »

GasGuzzler wrote:Need to know what style and weight bullet you are using.
240 Grain Hard Cast RN FP Bullet
Macd
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by Macd »

I have used VV powders in a number of handgun calibres. For awhile I used N340 almost exclusively for 9mm but it got a bit expensive. I have not used their cowboy action powder VV32C (Tin Star) but have used a lot of Trail Boss for both rifle and revolver loads. Loads for lead bullets for 357Mag and I assume you mean 44 Special are available for a variety of bullet weights. If your bullet weight is not covered but a heavier weight is then use that as a starter and work up.

Return to “The Shooting Range”