Dogs and Hog!

Whether plinking or chasing big game, tell us about your day outdoors!
oscarflytyer
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: Dogs and Hog!

Post by oscarflytyer »

Ranch Dog wrote:
klr wrote:Nice work to all three of you. :t

That gang violence stat is sobering. :shock:
Yeah. The ATF dude looked like a gang banger; all tat'd up. His advice was to flee or shoot early, carry a large caliber handgun and know how to manipulate it, carry at a minimum of three magazines (two properly indexed in a pouch), and train formally. Another sobering thought is that we tend to think of a gang member holding his pistol sideways and banging away. Maybe up north but not down here. Members are well trained in the violence of action and know how to shoot well. In other words, they are super aggressive, calm and controlled under fire, hit what they are shooting at, and when tasked with action, typically wear body armor. Law enforcement frequently finds secret indoor training facilities.

Welcome to the Southern Border.
VERY sound tactical advice, from what I have seen. I read stats somewhere awhile back. Typical LEO is in his/her first gun battle, whenever that misfortune happens. And as you say, all training has been on the range. Range targets do not return, or initiate fire! Compare to the typical gang banger. He has statistically been in (paraphrasing, as cant recall exact numbers...) 4 or maybe a LOT more VERY Live Fire EXPERIENCES!, with the intended targets shooting back, and/or initiating fire. AND he has SURVIVED those trials by fire! He is much more calm under fire due to experience and survival! VERY scary $hit! And your AO is prob some of the worst!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

RBHarter wrote:The pairing works extremely well as long as the beta doesn't decide it wants to be the alfa which was what happened with a new dog paired with my old dog 9 and 1 1/2 yr just didn't work so I had a dog I couldn't work with the established dog because she would bully and spare instead of working and when worked alone would come home and fight ........
I hear you. I would never have been able to put another dog with my previous dog and placing two dogs together at the adoption center was one of the toughest tasks to successfully accomplish. If they have been puppies together, it's a different thing, but two males or two females coming together is tough. I figured these two fellows would be a good mix and I believe it is going to work out.
Michael
Macd
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Macd »

Crisp winter morning, fresh snow on the ground and the brush is clear of the last of the previous summer's foliage. The excitement of the dogs when they hit the ground from the back of the pick-up. The harmony of the bugles of the hounds on the first hare of the day. Brings tears to my eyes. A good dog is more than just a companion. A good dog is a partner who just seems to fit.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

Macd wrote:Crisp winter morning, fresh snow on the ground and the brush is clear of the last of the previous summer's foliage. The excitement of the dogs when they hit the ground from the back of the pick-up. The harmony of the bugles of the hounds on the first hare of the day. Brings tears to my eyes. A good dog is more than just a companion. A good dog is a partner who just seems to fit.
I hear you! I dig my dogs! My wife caught all three of us; them and me, laying in the fresh green grass on our backs, making grass angels. She said all three of us were crazy! Doesn't get it.
Michael
oscarflytyer

Post by oscarflytyer »

Ranch Dog wrote:
Macd wrote:Crisp winter morning, fresh snow on the ground and the brush is clear of the last of the previous summer's foliage. The excitement of the dogs when they hit the ground from the back of the pick-up. The harmony of the bugles of the hounds on the first hare of the day. Brings tears to my eyes. A good dog is more than just a companion. A good dog is a partner who just seems to fit.
I hear you! I dig my dogs! My wife caught all three of us; them and me, laying in the fresh green grass on our backs, making grass angels. She said all three of us were crazy! Doesn't get it.
LMAO! MY wife would be the one lying in the grass with the dogs!!! She is the dog whisperer!

Return to “Field/Hunting Stories”