410 Reloading

Discussions covering the components and techniques of reloading for your scattergun; be it buckshot, shot, or slugs.
Kaiser
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: 410 Reloading

Post by Kaiser »

I also have the Lane .410 kit and have loaded a lot of "weird" (buck shot, mixed shot size, etc.) loads in both 2 1/2 and 3" shells. I found that the 2 1/2" shells would not reliably feed from the magazine of my bolt action "New Haven" gun, but worked fine in the single shot Iver Johnson. Actually, the Lane loader works just like any of the "Classic" Lee loaders for shotguns - a little slow, but efficient.
AlaskanGuy
Founding Member & Supporter

Post by AlaskanGuy »

i would think that brass cases would fix that length issue. i roll crimp mine and shoot all sorts of slugs out of them. i also have one of them adapters that let me shoot 38 special in mine. the adapter is fully rifled and about 13 in long. works pretty good with my cast stuff....
Any technology, not understood, can seem like magic....
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by GasGuzzler »

I have a cardboard box Lee kit but have never tried it.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by RBHarter »

410 brass cases are something like $52/25 , 9.3×74R PPU is like $57/50 & $104/100 or something like that you just have to open the neck up from .366 to .440ish . They need to be trimmed slightly for 2.5" chambers as they're like 2.92 long . Remember that the chamber goes all the way to the end of the OPEN case not the crimped case . I'd fire form a couple with a 2.5" load and trim the cases at the chamber line on the case mouth . Might not have to trim them .
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
AlaskanGuy

Post by AlaskanGuy »

nice thing about brass cases for shotcshells is they last and last and last... i have several that are nearly 100 years old and still load just fine..... i have UMC, winchester, and Alcan, and yes I spent a bit for them, but keep them annealed and they just keep going... especially with Black Powder and subs..
Any technology, not understood, can seem like magic....
Burner

Post by Burner »

Just a bit of information.

Lanes Reloading. The maker of these 410 reloading kits, has not been in business for a while now.

There is still a 10 year old active website online, and Pay Pal is still taking money for this site.

I believe Mr. Lane has passed away. the posted phone number is still active and the family has been notified this morning, and thought all the websites had been taken off line.

Do not order from Lanes Reloading.

Return to “Shotgun Reloading”