MEC and 3d printer users .

Discussions covering the components and techniques of reloading for your scattergun; be it buckshot, shot, or slugs.
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

MEC and 3d printer users .

Post by RBHarter »

Found this while I was hanging out waiting on a DDS .
It's for a full set of MEC shot and powder bushings like the Lee Load all uses kind of , and boxes for them too .

https://grabcad.com/library/mec-powder- ... bushings-1
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: MEC and 3d printer users .

Post by Ranch Dog »

Pretty cool. It is probably cost prohibitive if you have to have pay to have these printed. I doubt you could get a bushing printed at an average cost of $4.50 each. At least, that has been my experience with 3D.
Michael
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by RBHarter »

Probably . I know a few people that have printers and at least one here .
I have adjustable bars in most of mine and only one of those 4 isn't steel compatible . $35-45 is considerably less than 6-7 bushings and 3 bars for the average 12 ga guy and 2 bars 3-4 bushings for a 20 ga .
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
dbosman
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by dbosman »

Reloaders are the type of people who should consider purchasing a 3D printer. The MEC shot bushings are only one small thing. While I don't need all forty seven bushings, I want them.
I have printed a powder trickler, powder cop die, Lee Micro Powder Measure for very light loads, a bullet puller that works even though I have almost zero need for it. There are free STL (3D print files) for the Lee hand primer parts. I have the original and parts simply aren't sold any more. Another "I've no use for it" toys is a 9mm sabot for .22 bullets.
With PETG filament or ABS, one can print ammo boxes for a dollar. Peg board holders for a wealth of reloading equipment. The Open Bullet Feeder might justify the cost of the print all by itself.

Go to thingiverse.com and type in any search for your brand of reloader and see what turns up.
For pricing A Monoprice.com delta mini printer is $160.00 I just bought an Ender 3 Pro kit from Walmart.com for $188.88
Filiment runs, with good shopping, about $20 a kilo spool.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

I had the Monoprice Delta and was very disappointed in it. I realized with these cheap printers the print times for would be long, but I did not understand that they would be four to six hours long for the most straightforward projects. Where I would run into trouble was monitoring the print project for that period of time. Eventually, I would come back in, and the project would be a mess.

I think the problem with a printer like the Delta is that it's print table doesn't have the heat necessary for a long project. Maybe a solid plywood box could be dropped over the entire unit to hold the heat in, but my printer could not complete a project in my reloading room with the ceiling fan on low. As the layers worked higher off the table, heights less than a .125", the project would start to unravel.

There is no way my Delta could have built a MEC bushing.

I gave the printer to some tech-savvy kids and they were disappointed with it as well.
Michael
buckeye43210
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by buckeye43210 »

Here are some more 3D Printed MEC bushings.

The Ender 3D printer is available through Walmart.

Return to “Shotgun Reloading”