My first Progressive Shotshell Press

Discussions covering the components and techniques of reloading for your scattergun; be it buckshot, shot, or slugs.
Et2ss
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Progressive

My first Progressive Shotshell Press

Post by Et2ss »

It won't win any beauty contests but it works, and the price was right.

It's an Hornady Apex (91?)

Just what I needed, something else to occupy my non-existent free time :lol:
Last edited by Et2ss on 05 Dec 2018 20:25, edited 2 times in total.
JohnnyEnfield
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: My first Progressive Shotshell Press

Post by JohnnyEnfield »

That is cool. Hard to pass up a a great deal. Merry Christmas to you.
Reduce, reuse, recycle, means- resize, reload, recycle.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Very nice!
Michael
horseman
Supporter
Supporter

Post by horseman »

Et2ss wrote:It won't win any beauty contests but it works, and the price was right.

It's an Hornady Apex (91?)

Just what I needed, something else to occupy my non-existent free time :lol:

Well that's just great. I have one of those in new condition, all manual except I did add the auto index (easily removed if needed/wanted......I'd sell it CHEAP.........they are an excellent unit, big, robust and makes a really nice shell. I would have really liked to have found one of the newer model automatics. Only problem....no parts available for them. Good side of that is you'd really have to be a Bubba to break one....good luck with yours RD, I think you'll like it.

Edit: Ahh, I see your's IS the Apex 91 Auto..... :mrgreen: now I have press envy...... :x

More Edit: RD be careful with the plastic auto priming parts, well any of them for that matter, as I said there are ZERO parts replacements....I'd still like to have one. They were ahead of their time when introduced.
Et2ss
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by Et2ss »

@horseman, which model do you have? And define CHEAP :lol:

I may be interested if parts are compatible
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

RD doesn't have one, just press envy!
Michael
Et2ss
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by Et2ss »

I've been bad with FleaBay lately, but I threw a max bid of $60 in on this and got it for $56. I've been watching these, and the 3.0's and 3.1's going for well over $150. Heck this came in cheaper than my first MEC 600Jr did! :o

I throw out low max bids and hope others miss the listing :lol:
horseman
Supporter
Supporter

Post by horseman »

Ranch Dog wrote:RD doesn't have one, just press envy!

What the heck was I looking at.... :oops: Sorry Et, wish I could get a raise in pay so I could afford to pay more attention.... :D ....till then I'm gonna have to just muddle about in mass confusion. Case in point, this morning woke up to a bit of snow, 25*, no wind. Hasn't been above 30 all week but dry. Checked weather forecast, freezing rain comin' in off and on for a few days starting later today. So go out to feed the horses 7am ish, they were wet with a bit of ice across their backs and in manes and tails. Grabbed a halter, caught the little "edgy" mare, took her over to the hay barn and tied her to a slip ring. Went in the barn busted a bale of hay (750 pounders) took a big flake out to the feeder (need two) went and got another and as I'm breaking them (flakes) up in the feeder (I spoil my horses) I'm wondering where the heck is Cinnamon ( the little mare) she's usually the first there for a face rub and food. I'm finishing up at the feeder, kinda glancin' around the pasture for her knowin' I just saw her earlier. Well I'll go close up the barn and take a look around, back to the barn and huh, there she is tied up looking at me. O.K. I say's, why did I tie you up???? Ahhh, now I remember, I'm putting blankets on you guys this morning because of the freezing rain coming later today. Her and the buckskin are the only ones that need to be "tied" to blanket them, don't know why, they don't fidget or fuss when you do but they have to have that halter on. There is another barn they can get into in foul weather but they would rather not it seems. Feed them inside and as soon as they get a mouthful of hay out the door they come. Horses are strange critters for sure. Sorry for the wander, just showing you all how I'm losing my mind is all.

Et send me a PM. But remind me why when you do please.... :lol:
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by GasGuzzler »

I'm in Texas horse country. Western Grayson and eastern Cooke Counties produce a boatload of "good" horses.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
horseman
Supporter
Supporter

Post by horseman »

GasGuzzler wrote:I'm in Texas horse country. Western Grayson and eastern Cooke Counties produce a boatload of "good" horses.

Don't have to go to Texas, we have a few good ones around here also. I have a fine sorrel Gelding out of the Impressive line on both sides. Negative on both sides also. He papa was 3 time World Champion Halter horse named Perpetualism as a 2yr old Stallion, 3yr old Stallion and as an aged Stallion. Someone put a lot of time in on this boy cause' he's about the best riding horse I think I've had. And I've had a bunch. He'll be 19 pretty soon so he's gettin' some age on him but he's still a hoot to ride, when you step up on him you know you have a horse under you. I've had him since he was 10, lady I bought him from was new to horses and couldn't handle the ride. Nothing bothers him, not ornery or squirrely just a lot of "Let's get goin'". He still has it.

Return to “Shotgun Reloading”