Shooters World "Precision" powder

Discussions covering the components and techniques of reloading for your long gun.
RonBarnes
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Shooters World "Precision" powder

Post by RonBarnes »

I have read that Shooters World Precision powder is equivalent to Hogdon Varget. I have loaded 40 30-06 with 47 grains of Precision and 150 grain Hornady Interlock SP. Hope to hit the range this week to test the shells. This is the only can of Precision powder that I have. If I like it I will see if I can find some more. Does anyone have any experience with this combination?
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: Shooters World "Precision" powder

Post by GasGuzzler »

I know very little about that brand as it is generally not available around here, even before the shortages. Only hear a very little bit on the internet.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
drone
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Re: Shooters World "Precision" powder

Post by drone »

Over here in Europe the brand you know as shooters world is marketed as Lovex, it's milled in the Czech republic and has a pretty significant range of powders.
I don't know what the "Precision" powder is but I'll insert this burn rate chart which includes a selection of europowders including lovex.
I use lovex D073.5 and D073.6 in my 308 and 223 and there are a few loads for the 30/30 I could use if I wasn't so fixated on subsonic loads for it.
https://www.lhs-germany.de/fileadmin/me ... ._2018.pdf

If you visit the explosia website (lovex parent company) at www.explosia.cz it has on line reloading data.

At a practical level I've found the lovex powders I use are clean burning and consistent, loads generated in the summer do not vary greatly in the recent cold snap(-7Celcius) and the two I use, being ball powders meter very well.
It has one great advantage, over here, it's sold in 500 gram bottles which equates to 1.1 pounds, it sells slightly cheaper than many of the US powders and you obviously get more of it for a slightly less price (eg CFE223 is GBP 47 per pound, Lovex D073.5 is GBP 40.50 per 500 grams).
We also get it in the year it's made instead of maybe 2 years in arrears for US imports.
Unfortunately much of the powder, brass and bullet production is going to the Ukraine so deliveries are a bit slow right now and if it weren't for brazilian primers we'd not get any European stock as all of those are going Ukraine's way.
So my 0.02$ worth is it's good stuff, and well worth a punt.
Do you ever walk in a room and wonder why you're there?
Welcome to my world :oops:

Return to “Rifle Reloading”