Lee Case lube question

Discussions covering the components and techniques of reloading for your long gun.
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: Lee Case lube question

Post by RBHarter »

Size and expand in separate steps .
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
Ohio3Wheels
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

RBHarter wrote:Size and expand in separate steps .
+1

That's what I'm doing with my 6.6 Creedmoor and my 6.5/06. Both bolt guns, the Creed' is a Savage 110 Tactical Left-hand, the 6.5/06 is a large ring Mauser, I bought it second hand in Vegas back in 1970. I pulled the expanders from the FL dies and expand with a Sinclair Mandrel die. I know from measurement that it improved run out and in theory it should make the bullet pull more consistent.

Make smoke,
Curt.......makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time +guns +guns
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by RBHarter »

Not to wander too far I have an 8×57 neck die for 7.7×58 Arisaka that gives me a .316 neck ID for the cast bullets going in the .318 grooves . Same deal with the 6.5 that needed to be .270 . I don't remember what die I had for that now 270WSM I think ....

I guess it's ok to mention Redding shell holders for different heights . They offer something like -.002 to +.005 or something like that .
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
Irritant
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Irritant »

Hi, case lube, I used Lee lube for awhile, tried Dillon lube, mixed my own same as Dillon pretty good but not there yet.
And then I tried Ezzox, feels like you could full length size with your thumb, and then I tried Slipit. I have not used Slipit for full length rifle but I am staying open to it.
When I load pistol using carbide dies I use a wee bit of lube to make it easy but so little I can't feel it on the cases. Right now Slipit may be the leader. Cheers

Return to “Rifle Reloading”