LoadData Subscription from Wolfe Publishing

Discussions covering the components and techniques of reloading for your long gun.
killian6pk
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Progressive

LoadData Subscription from Wolfe Publishing

Post by killian6pk »

Do folks here use this (have a subscription) load data site? Just wondering if it is worth the $34.95/yr price. Claims to have data for over 300,000 loads. Same company puts out Handloader Ammunition Reloading Journal and several other magazines.
Ohio3Wheels
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Re: LoadData Subscription from Wolfe Publishing

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

I've been a member almost since it started. I find it handy, but I load a lot of different calibers and use just about everybody's bullets. So if you figure that maybe Speer and Nosler come out with new manuals in a given year the total cost is greater than the subscription cost. The articles are good also. I dropped my subscription to Handloader several years ago as I was finding issues that I opened looked at the table of contents and put it on the shelf. I look at it on the newsstand but it's been a couple of years since I found anything worth a purchase.

Make smoke,
Curt.......makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time +guns +guns
killian6pk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by killian6pk »

I appreciate the info. I certainly don't need another magazine subscription, I get 5 different ones now. I'm like you I have 1 that I almost never read an article in (woodworking mag.) Since I have had a little trouble getting the load date on a couple of bullet powder combos, I thought this might hopefully be a good source. Did you ever get by that Country Attic store in South Lebanon? I still can't get over how nice that place was.
Longcarbine

Post by Longcarbine »

I recently subscribed to the LoadData site and find it well worth the price. I've only been reloading a few years and I only reload for handgun but several different calibers .327 federal, .357mag, 10mm, .44 special, .44mag and .45 colt, it has came in pretty handy. I would still recommend getting a good hard copy manual, I like the Lee manual because it isn't geared toward any one brand of powder or bullet.
"The reason a dog has so many friends,He wags his tail instead of his tongue."

"I don't always listen to Black Sabbath,But when I do so do the neighbors"
Ohio3Wheels
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

killian6pk wrote:I appreciate the info. I certainly don't need another magazine subscription, I get 5 different ones now. I'm like you I have 1 that I almost never read an article in (woodworking mag.) Since I have had a little trouble getting the load date on a couple of bullet powder combos, I thought this might hopefully be a good source. Did you ever get by that Country Attic store in South Lebanon? I still can't get over how nice that place was.
No I haven't made it down there yet. Don't really need anything right now, but maybe I'll try this week.

Make smoke,
Curt.......makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time +guns +guns
Ohio3Wheels
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

One thing to keep in mind about Load Data. It's a repository of know loading information from numerous sources. If it's been done and published chances are it will be there sooner or later. Keep your searches fairly open for your best chances of finding something helpful.

Make smoke,
buckeye43210
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by buckeye43210 »

I subscribe for the convenience factor -- one place to search for load information. You can also export results as pdf and create your own refernce manual.
oscarflytyer
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by oscarflytyer »

I really rely on it. I have a number of old manuals also. It helps point me to a specific manual or some obscure data and sources for all the odd/old calibers I shoot/load/cast for. I used to get the Handloader mag, but they hosed that up and made it web only, so ditched it.

Return to “Rifle Reloading”