6.5 creedmoor Reloaders

Discussions covering the components and techniques of reloading for your long gun.
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: 6.5 creedmoor Reloaders

Post by RBHarter »

Probably about ideal with powders slower than 4350 , H1000 likes em' .
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
Ohio3Wheels
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

RBHarter wrote:Probably about ideal with powders slower than 4350 , H1000 likes em' .

+1

Use 'em, working up loads, approach max carefully.

Make smoke,
Curt.......makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time +guns +guns
killian6pk
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by killian6pk »

Thanks everyone. Always appreciate the feedback.
Lean64
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Lean64 »

I don’t have any experience with creedmore but I did use magnum primers in 45 and 9mm loads. Just reduced the load by 10% and I did not have any issues.
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by RBHarter »

The older sister :) I've been working a little is a 6.5×50 Arisaka , it's about 150 fps off the CM. I've dabbled with some cast and paper patch , you think .264 is hard to find try .268 ......, IMR 4350 and H4831 made good showings . Similar displacement in like caliber , it kind of ends there .

I had a 264 WM , talk about skipping the middle man , it played very well with the above , but with LRMP at hand , the H1000 would be better . It was the king of the loads all the way around and seemed to run cooler , kind of a big deal in the WM .

I have some of everyone's dies , you pay for finish and QC up to a point which is someplace around $18 per die . After that you're shopping and really need to be shooting in a different class to see the difference . Honestly I've run 45-70 side by side in RCBS and Redding , there's a difference and it does show . Unfortunately that 1/8" gain @100 means nothing to a 2.5" 1895G Marlin that might shoot 250 yd if I should ever hook up moose hunt or another Elk hunt . The Redding is also harder on the necks .

I bought the Forster Bench Rest sizer and inline seater because they were obscenely under priced , seriously I paid less for them than I did for the used RCBS FL set . Side by side , well I had shot the 264 WM into a 5 shot 100 yd group about .800 with a work up load and WW power points so triming it to .680 with 2015 Sierra's is kind of a moot point as the bullets alone may have made that much difference .

RCBS , Lyman , and Hornady are all mid level dies in current production . If I were going to buy the $100+ set of dies I'd send 3 fired cases to CH4D and have them made for my chamber with the desired neck tension built in and minimum sizing . After that it's a toss for Forster or Redding .

Not to run one down but the Hornady probably wouldn't be on my list unless I could look at the set I was buying . I have a couple of the universal neck dies and I'm not really impressed with the finish , they work but lack finesse ....or something . The jury is still out .

So there you have it and it's worth every penny you paid .
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....

Return to “Rifle Reloading”