Case Lube

Discussions covering the components and techniques of reloading for your long gun.
mr surveyor
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Re: Case Lube

Post by mr surveyor »

I still use the same LEE Case Lube cut with alcohol (noted in the Lee Reload Manual) that I started using about 10 years ago. Throw a batch of brass into a big zip lock bag, give it two or three good squirts of the lube mix then rattle it around until it seems covered. Done right, with just enough lube, It seems to work well. Granted, the only bottle necked rifle brass I deal with is 30-30 Win. but it seems to get sufficient lube into the case mouth to make it all work well.

I'm sure that if I was working heavier rifle brass I'd probably have to look for something else, but for what I do (and the tools I currently use) it works well.

jd
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's just some things best left unsaid on the internetsuperhighway.
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by GasGuzzler »

Like mentioned..."from different angles" includes from above and is plenty sufficient to get into the case necks. Use a q-tip if you like but I am not going to take that much time for what I consider a large batch, high volume cartridge. Alcohol dries faster, stores better, mixes better, and sprays from a bottle better than water.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
Damin69
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Damin69 »

Im using the 99% IPO with Lanolin mixed at 12 oz IPO to 1 oz Lanolin. Works great.

Return to “Rifle Reloading”