Marlin 444 Lee Loader kit?

Discussions covering the components and techniques of reloading for your long gun.
jertex
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Marlin 444 Lee Loader kit?

Post by jertex »

I just joined yesterday and I'm looking to start reloading. I don't have any equipment yet and want to learn a little bit before I start spending money. It looks like the Lee Loader Kits are a good way to get my feet wet and I read somewhere that they used to make them for the 444 Marlin, which I just picked up on Sunday afternoon. I will also probably load for my 336 30-30 and my 1894 357/38. I know that they make the kits for those cartridges but the 444 is the really pricey round. Any thoughts would be welcome!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: Marlin 444 Lee Loader kit?

Post by Ranch Dog »

jertex wrote:I know that they make the kits for those cartridges but the 444 is the really pricey round. Any thoughts would be welcome!
Lee hasn't made kits for the 444 Marlin for 20 to 25 years which; unfortunately, make them rather expensive when they appear. The closer to hunting season it is, the crazier the prices these kits demand. Here is a link to 444 Marlin Kits sold on eBay, notice the prices related to the dates: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R ... 1&_fosrp=1

It's unusual, but nice to see another 444 Marlin shooter in Texas, where do you live?
Michael
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

I just saw your other post, Fort Worth!
Michael
jertex
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by jertex »

Yep, Colleyville to be specific. I don't really need a 444 Marlin, but I wanted a big bore lever gun and then a really nice 1974 JM 444s came up on Texas Gun Trader with more than 60 pieces of brass for $600 and I decided to buy it and experiment with reloading.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

jertex wrote:Yep, Colleyville to be specific. I don't really need a 444 Marlin, but I wanted a big bore lever gun and then a really nice 1974 JM 444s came up on Texas Gun Trader with more than 60 pieces of brass for $600 and I decided to buy it and experiment with reloading.
Yeah, that would be hard to pass. Set up a saved search on eBay and start watching. I bet you can get one at a reasonable price in the spring.

You can also watch leeloaderdata.com. I think they have stopped trading in the kits because they cannot find them at reasonable prices. They do have images of the load cards if you need them.
Michael

Return to “Rifle Reloading”