Henry Big Boy Steel 45 Colt

Discussions covering the components and techniques of reloading for your long gun.
oscarflytyer
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by oscarflytyer »

Anybody shooting one? Thoughts/info. Committed to one today. 20" rifle. Will feed it 265 grn RN in traditional loading initially. IF it will feed SWCs, will feed it that, ramped up for deer (I have a nice top end load using in my Ruger flattop). HOPE the rifle will feed that SWC load! It will go nicely with my Uberti and Ruger flattop, both in 4 5/8" bbl!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: Henry Big Boy Steel 45 Colt

Post by Ranch Dog »

We will need pictures!
Michael
Ohio3Wheels
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

oscarflytyer wrote:Henry Big Boy Steel 45 Colt

Anybody shooting one? Thoughts/info. Committed to one today. 20" rifle. Will feed it 265 grn RN in traditional loading initially. IF it will feed SWCs, will feed it that, ramped up for deer (I have a nice top end load using in my Ruger flattop). HOPE the rifle will feed that SWC load! It will go nicely with my Uberti and Ruger flattop, both in 4 5/8" bbl!
Can't speak to the 45 Colt, but I have the same rifle in 44 mag and so far it has been happy with everything I've thrown at it. RNFP, SWC, RN and even the old Lyman 303 conical nose.
I hope your rifle will do the same with the big Colt. I sure do like mine.

Make smoke,
Curt.......makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time +guns +guns
oscarflytyer

Post by oscarflytyer »

Ranch Dog wrote:We will need pictures!
RD - TOO funny! I see "need pics" and then the crazy circling dog meme! surreal!
oscarflytyer

Post by oscarflytyer »

Ohio3Wheels wrote:
oscarflytyer wrote:Henry Big Boy Steel 45 Colt

Can't speak to the 45 Colt, but I have the same rifle in 44 mag and so far it has been happy with everything I've thrown at it. RNFP, SWC, RN and even the old Lyman 303 conical nose.
I hope your rifle will do the same with the big Colt. I sure do like mine.

Make smoke,
Good to hear! I HAVE THE 454190 RN for 45 Colt. Worst case it eats that. I do sincerely hope it will digest a SWC. And might try the ~300ish too. Would be the best of the best if it digested that. But, regardless, even if it is only the RN in Std colt loading, it will go perfectly with my Uberti SAA Clone with Traditional loads (and also have a Ruger NM Flattop in 45 Colt! I am good all the way around!)

Return to “Rifle Reloading”