OUCH, That hurt

Discussions covering the components and techniques of reloading for your handgun.
jlhog
My Press Choice: Single Stage

OUCH, That hurt

Post by jlhog »

I found some Federal Champion large pistol primers today . Price was high and the haz mat fee made me really sore in one spot (gonna hurt sitting for a while). LOL I am new to reloading and just want to get started asap. I received 500 Xtreme plated 230 gr bullets today. Tomorrow I should receive my HP-38 powder (not cheap either). I have everything else that should be needed. Hopefully next weekend I can try some new reloads :D
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: OUCH, That hurt

Post by GasGuzzler »

I found different powders from different places yesterday and the shipped price was $42/lb from one place and $45/lb from the other. Didn't buy either. I have never paid more than about $22/lb...maybe $26 once.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
jlhog

Post by jlhog »

If I did the math correctly I should be around .30-.35 per round. That includes the haz mat and delivery fees. That is figured using the Xtreme plated bullets.
mikld
Founding Member & Supporter

Post by mikld »

45 ACP? One of my favorites. I have a 1911, a Ruger P90 and a HP carbine with about 800 "JIC" rounds loaded with a classic load of Bullseye and a 230 FMJ...
jlhog

Post by jlhog »

mikld wrote:45 ACP? One of my favorites. I have a 1911, a Ruger P90 and a HP carbine with about 800 "JIC" rounds loaded with a classic load of Bullseye and a 230 FMJ...
Yes 45 acp. My favorite round also. Sig P320, SDS/Tisas 1911 Carry, and a HP carbine also.
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by GasGuzzler »

I have some XTPs I got for about $0.10 each a couple years ago loaded over some kind of faster-ish pistol powder in my carry piece because I never found a mold I liked that I could also afford.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
Fyodor
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Fyodor »

The week before last I bought a pound of black powder. A mid quality, German brand that is usually available and affordable. I got the last bottle from the previous shipment. 45 € (ca. 50 USD/lb). The next shipment will be 74 €, ca. 80 USD for one pound... .... ........ It's NOT Swiss powder, that's even more expensive. Three years ago I paid 29 €.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
- Evelyn Beatrice Hall, often misattributed to Voltaire

I think I'm thinking, therefore I may possibly be.
mikld

Post by mikld »

IIRC; the last powder I bought was some BR-5 from Bartletts My memory says I paid around $60.00 for a 7 lb jug + hazmat. I use it in most of the same applications as Unique or Universal and it meters well and works quite well in 9mm, 38 Special and 45 ACP. Not a "common" powder but 7 lb lasts a long time and works quite well...
larryw

Post by larryw »

mikld wrote:IIRC; the last powder I bought was some BR-5 from Bartletts My memory says I paid around $60.00 for a 7 lb jug + hazmat. I use it in most of the same applications as Unique or Universal and it meters well and works quite well in 9mm, 38 Special and 45 ACP. Not a "common" powder but 7 lb lasts a long time and works quite well...
Agree completely, I also paid around $60 or $70. I think it's $100, maybe even a bit over that now.
A day late & A dollar short? Story of my life +guns

Return to “Handgun Reloading”