9mm Powder recommendations.

Discussions covering the components and techniques of reloading for your handgun.
Lean64
My Press Choice: Progressive

9mm Powder recommendations.

Post by Lean64 »

I am using Accurate 5 with 9mm loads on my LCT (auto powder drum) and no matter what I do I have leaking issues. Is the powder to fine for the LCT? I am thinking about using Win 231 with the LCT thinking it will not leak as bad. The reason I ask is because I ran the 231 (45 loads) in my LM using the same powder drum and have no leaking so I am thinking the accurate 5 is too fine for the LCT due to all the movement with the turret. Does this make sense. Any and all recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: 9mm Powder recommendations.

Post by GasGuzzler »

There are several topics here about the drums leaking powder. I had a fairly long topic when I got mine. It documents all the issues I had. Once those were worked out it was fine. I got the large knob from Titan Reloading for the drum screw, lapped the drums, washed everything in Dawn and let them air dry, and lubed the mechanism with graphite.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
Lean64
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: 9mm Powder recommendations.

Post by Lean64 »

Thanks for the recommendation.

Return to “Handgun Reloading”