loading 45auto (acp)

Discussions covering the components and techniques of reloading for your handgun.
horseman
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

loading 45auto (acp)

Post by horseman »

Went to the dermatologist yesterday for Photodynamic Therapy (blue light special) and am basting nicely today. Beings that I can't go outside for three days I figured I'd load some 230gr FMJ over 6.5gr of Herco powder. Shot some of that load a month or so back and seem to remember them hitting 900+ FPS (could go look at my notes but pretty sure that's correct) so should make a "nice" shooting load. Herco is dropping pretty accurate through the Auto Drum measure, +or- a tenth and that's good for this powder. Have about a thousand of these bullets left so should keep me occupied until I'm "healed". Not sure if I have that much processed 45acp brass or not but will use what I have anyway. Will be loading on the Load Master press which is working perfectly again. That's about it from Pneumonia Flats and the lockdown state of Washington.
mr surveyor
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Re: loading 45auto (acp)

Post by mr surveyor »

Yep, that doctor thing will tend to get you in trouble. I had to go in for my "annual" this morning and was told to get back on the Bp meds I quit taking last June (she was aware at the time), but the kicker was getting the flu shot, pneumonia shot and a blood sucking .... had 'em all done in the left arm (I can't even pick boogers left handed, so didn't matter to me). As if that wasn't enough, she insisted that I also get the shingles vax (had to go to the pharmacy this afternoon to get that one). I got the Shingles vax (part one of two) in the right arm and it's totally painless so far. At the moment, I can't even raise my left arm over my head without feeling like a girlie boy. Tomorrow's gonna be tough for an old guy trying to still play surveyor.

I'd rather be reloading.

jd
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's just some things best left unsaid on the internetsuperhighway.

Return to “Handgun Reloading”