Lee Loader for 9mm Semi Rounds

Discussions covering the components and techniques of reloading for your handgun.
TRSmith
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Lee Loader for 9mm Semi Rounds

Post by TRSmith »

Has anyone gone against official Lee advice and reloaded 9mm loads with the Lee Loader kit for a semi automatic pistol? If so, any tips for a newbie?
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: Lee Loader for 9mm Semi Rounds

Post by RBHarter »

The likely reason for the advice is that the whaka mole loaders only neck size to nominal seating depth . Probably only about .2 on the 9mm . The wide variations of 9mm chambers makes it impractical if you happen to pick up a case that isn't yours . Then there's the chamber support .......

I'm not normally an advocate of just spend the money already but this is a place where even if all you buy is a hand press and either an FCD or bulge buster you should .
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
Ohio3Wheels
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Re: Lee Loader for 9mm Semi Rounds

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

That's where I started in 1967. I had recently purchased a Browning High Power and wanted to cut my ammo costs a bit. Didn't take me long to graduate to a press dies and a scale, haven't looked back and any tips I might have had are lost in the mists of time.

Make smoke,
Curt.......makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time +guns +guns

Return to “Handgun Reloading”