Loading 147gr XTP 9mm

Discussions covering the components and techniques of reloading for your handgun.
horseman
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: Loading 147gr XTP 9mm

Post by horseman »

An outfit called Arsenal Molds sells a "Ranch Dog Clone" of the bullet above (158-135). Says on their website a 4 cavity aluminum for 78.00. Brass available, (more money I'm sure). Says 7 days. I have no idea of the quality or if really available.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

horseman wrote:An outfit called Arsenal Molds sells a "Ranch Dog Clone" of the bullet above (158-135).
Not quite a clone, mine is gas checked because the 9mm Luger is a high-pressure cartridge. One of my beliefs is that what a plain base bullet does, a gas check bullet does better.
Michael
Macd
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Macd »

I echo RD's use of heavies in 9mm. I have seitched to 147's for competition both IPSC and Steels. I have much better sucess on less than optimal shots on tip overs etc. I like the look of that bullet that he designed. I can shoot truncated cone ones in my M&P9 so his should be no problem.
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by RBHarter »

Arsenal was the sub-contractor to NOE during the growing pains/shop move/CNC set up days . This is where they "got their foot in the door" making bullet moulds their quality is tops and their lead time seems to be accurate . I do not have one personally but have seen many next to Accurate , MP ,NOE etc .

Is this a good place for my nose out 358462 Lyman 148 gr WC picture ? Yes it can be done . It works fine if your gun will feed empty cases and isn't picky about it .
3.0 Unique cycled mine fine and was safe IN MY GUN . It felt like action time was slow but that may have been only perception of the moment . The mould in question has a crimp groove that sets a full .1 out of the case that is about .350 dia and no check . I used Win brass and didn't any leading in the limited number of as cast I fired . It was a boredom let's see what happens with 38 short WC in a 9mm case .
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....

Return to “Handgun Reloading”