No Explosions

Discussions covering the components and techniques of reloading for your handgun.
killian6pk
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Progressive

No Explosions

Post by killian6pk »

I was able to shoot my first reloads the other day. I had made 20 124gn and 147gn round nose 9 mm, and they performed well. All of them went bang with no booms. I went to an indoor range just in case, so there would be someone to call the ambulance if needed. I survived so I guess every thing was good. I also made some 45 acp's up, but did not have the chance to shoot them. Will try my luck with them on my next trip out.
mr surveyor
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Re: No Explosions

Post by mr surveyor »

when I first started re-loading a few years ago, I would hammer out my first two rounds ... then take them out behind the house and carefully launch them into the woods before building more. I still have all my body parts and the same guns still intact. Looks like it works :)

jd
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's just some things best left unsaid on the internetsuperhighway.
killian6pk
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by killian6pk »

Thanks, I even shot the first few down by my waist just so if something blew up it would only wound me not blind me. I can only guess what the range guy was thinking as he watched me. To his credit he never said a word.
mikld
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by mikld »

"I went to an indoor range just in case, so there would be someone to call the ambulance if needed".
Yep, I'm laughing, but I know exactly what you mean, BTDT. My very first handloads were fired in the hills above LA and I was shooting next to my car, just in case. I held my 38 Special at arm's length, turned my head/body away from the gun, covered my neck with my off hand, and let one go. Both gun and I survived and I shot off the remaining box of reloads. And that started it all... ;)

Return to “Handgun Reloading”