45 ACP and Loadmaster

Discussions covering the components and techniques of reloading for your handgun.
BrianT
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: 45 ACP and Loadmaster

Post by BrianT »

Thanks everyone for your replies!
horseman
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by horseman »

Man, think I better order that swage kit. Although things have been going just fine on my LM I may just run all the acp brass through it just for "insurance". I do have a large box of fired 9mm that Larryw sent me I should get to one of these days and they will DEFINITELY need to be swaged.
mikld
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by mikld »

IIRC, a while back I had some European 45 ACP brass (S&B?) that had sharp corners on the mouth of the primer pocket. I only had one or two primers that tried to go in crooked, because of the non chamfered pocket, so I just used my trusty countersink to chamfer the pocket mouths. Since I inspect all my brass it was no big deal to just drop the "bad" cases in a different pile. Worked for me...
horseman
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by horseman »

BrianT wrote: I decapped and swaged the Herters on my APP press, and no further issues, at least with the last 20 or so Herters brass I had left, and no issues at all with the 40 or so Remingtons.

Good for you, finding and working through the "problem" and solving it. A good lesson for us all.

Return to “Handgun Reloading”