9mm

Discussions covering the components and techniques of reloading for your handgun.
orerancher
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

9mm

Post by orerancher »

Just ordered a NOE SC357-135, For My Ruger 9mm

Anybody shoot this Bullet? Got a Pet Load?

Thanks!
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: 9mm

Post by GasGuzzler »

Isn't that a bullet designed by the site owner here?

If so, I bet he has a load for it.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

GasGuzzler wrote:Isn't that a bullet designed by the site owner here?

Haah! Yep, I do. I have the Tumble Lube band version instead of the standard lube groove but lube it on my Lyman 4500 with 2500+. Velocity is 1070 FPS (labradar) from my Taurus PT111 Pro (3¼" barrel).

This was shot standing at 10 yards; I don't test any of my handguns from a bench.

This bullet is tapered from the front band to the gas check to maintain the taper of the 9mm Luger case. When I cast bullets, I seat the gas checks right away, but I don't lube them until I need them. I've been doing this a couple of years now. For the gas check seating, I use a .358" Lee push through sizer, and when I come back to lube the bullet, I use the same size with the Lyman.
Michael
orerancher
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by orerancher »

Ranch Dog wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:Isn't that a bullet designed by the site owner here?

Haah! Yep, I do. I have the Tumble Lube band version instead of the standard lube groove but lube it on my Lyman 4500 with 2500+. Velocity is 1070 FPS (labradar) from my Taurus PT111 Pro (3¼" barrel).

This was shot standing at 10 yards; I don't test any of my handguns from a bench.

This bullet is tapered from the front band to the gas check to maintain the taper of the 9mm Luger case. When I cast bullets, I seat the gas checks right away, but I don't lube them until I need them. I've been doing this a couple of years now. For the gas check seating, I use a .358" Lee push through sizer, and when I come back to lube the bullet, I use the same size with the Lyman.
Thanks for the Info!

Return to “Handgun Reloading”