9mm ammoload brass

Discussions covering the components and techniques of reloading for your handgun.
f100cleveland
My Press Choice: Single Stage

9mm ammoload brass

Post by f100cleveland »

Sorting through the 9mm brass I bought and came across 10 9mm brass with ammoload on them. Inside they have a ridge that looks like a bullet stop or reinforced base for hot load. I don't have enough to mess with trying to figure out a load. I'm sure it would be different with the smaller area to hold powder and pressures might spike. Anybody ever seen them or loaded them?
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: 9mm ammoload brass

Post by Ranch Dog »

f100cleveland wrote:Sorting through the 9mm brass I bought and came across 10 9mm brass with ammoload on them. Inside they have a ridge that looks like a bullet stop or reinforced base for hot load. I don't have enough to mess with trying to figure out a load. I'm sure it would be different with the smaller area to hold powder and pressures might spike. Anybody ever seen them or loaded them?
How about a picture :?:
Michael
f100cleveland
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by f100cleveland »

I'm not good at getting pic's off my phone but I googled ammoload and there was some pic's on my search. Odd 9mm brass - Marlin Firearms Forum
Maximumbob54
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by Maximumbob54 »

Sounds like it's just a cannelure in brass case. They help prevent bullet set back into the case. They don't do anything to your reloading them and over multiple reloads they will iron out. If that's what you are describing of course.

Return to “Handgun Reloading”