Loading 380 Auto

Discussions covering the components and techniques of reloading for your handgun.
Maximumbob54
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: Loading 380 Auto

Post by Maximumbob54 »

Heck, no. I'm proud and happy for the Lee products that work, work well, and work all the time, but for me at least the Auto Drum is not one of those.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

Man, I fill like such a dinosour! I loaded 380 Auto last night with my TL358-100-RF for a fellow with a Taurus Curve so we could see how it performs. I used the Auto Disk coupled with the Safety Scale. I also loaded some ammo for my Rem 600 chambered in 35 Rem. I used the Perfect Powder Measure backed up with the Safety Scale for every charge. I have a post here where I've marked the scale body with 1/2 & 1 grain marks and as long as the charge is within the 1/2 grain mark, it is used. Usually, right out of the PPM it is on the money.

I'm really happy with the old stuff to include the Pro Auto Disk (though I prefer the plain Auto Disk to it), the PPM, the SS, the Adjustable Charge Bar (I tend not to use it with the lower scale charges), and the Micro Charge Bar. I just have no interest in the new stuff. Honestly, the Ergo-Prime kind of burned me on the new stuff and caused my available funds to be used on other things now.
Michael
Steve
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter

Post by Steve »

I had a container full of primed 380 auto tempting me so I switched the Loadmaster over from 40 to 380. moved the powder measure from the 40 turret to the 380, set the micrometer to 0.252 and started loading.

The case tubes I am using were lengthened to hold 25 40 S&W cases each. They hold 32 380 auto cases each (128). I ran 2 cycles of cases (256). Not a hiccup! just a relaxing loading session. Got some left to load with coffee while I wake up in the morning.

After I finish the 380s I'm going to switch over to 223 for my Grandsons Rossi single shot. (I'm using it for my truck gun this winter, or until he needs it.) I bought him a Remington 700 so I don't expect him to be wanting the single shot for a while.
DaveInGA
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by DaveInGA »

Steve wrote:After I finish the 380s I'm going to switch over to 223 for my Grandsons Rossi single shot. (I'm using it for my truck gun this winter, or until he needs it.) I bought him a Remington 700 so I don't expect him to be wanting the single shot for a while.
It's amazing how Grandfather's do things like that and how they tend to work just as Grandpa planned. :)

Return to “Handgun Reloading”