Lee Case Lube for Sizing Cast Bullets

Using your home cast bullets as a ammunition component. Group buys are listed here.
Macd
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Lee Case Lube for Sizing Cast Bullets

Post by Macd »

I really like Lee Case Lube for sizing cases. I have tried others but keep coming back to the Lee. I use it diluted in alcohol 10 to 1 and spray on with the necks pointed toward the spray. On the other hand Lee Liquid Alox works well as a bullet lube but I find it messy for sizing bullets and seating checks. Has anyone tried instead using the case lube for this purpose? I intend to tumble lube after sizing with the LLA.
Macd
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: Lee Case Lube for Sizing Cast Bullets

Post by Macd »

Did it and it works great. Sprayed my usual 10-1 case lube on checked bullets and no problems sizing, seating checks or tumble lubing afterward.
mr surveyor
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Re: Lee Case Lube for Sizing Cast Bullets

Post by mr surveyor »

I'm also a fan of just plain old Lee Case Lube, cut with alcohol, and spritzed from a kitchen spray bottle. Works well for my needs.

As for the LLA, I cut it with mineral spirits, about 2-3 parts mineral spirits to 1 part LLA. I've been using the same 1/2 liter Coors screw top aluminum cane/bottle for a lube container since I started re-loading in early 2011. I'll drop 20-30 (depending on size) raw bullets in the can and just drip a few drops of the cut LLA into the can - put the lid on and gently roll them around for a few seconds and they are ready to stand up at attention on a piece of wax paper to dry. It doesn't take long at all to prep a couple of hundred and they finish nicely in a day or so. Smooth, coated, and no clods or sticky chunks to deal with.

I'm sure I could spend 2 or 3 times the money on more "popular" brand name products, but so far in my short re-loading career I just haven't been convinced of a need to change.

jd
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's just some things best left unsaid on the internetsuperhighway.

Return to “Cast Bullets, Buckshot, & Slugs”