Accurate 43-470S Slug Mold

Using your home cast bullets as a ammunition component. Group buys are listed here.
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: Accurate 43-470S Slug Mold

Post by daboone »

RD, Because of you my 3 sons want me to loads slugs. They are young and think bruised shoulders are macho. :roll: Because of you I've dusted off the Sizemaster and ordered replacement parts. This is yet another slippery slope. :shock:
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.
larryw
Founding Member & Supporter

Post by larryw »

daboone wrote: This is yet another slippery slope. :shock:
Come on now !! You love those "Slippery" slopes & you know it :o
A day late & A dollar short? Story of my life +guns
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

daboone wrote:RD, Because of you my 3 sons want me to loads slugs. They are young and think bruised shoulders are macho. :roll: Because of you I've dusted off the Sizemaster and ordered replacement parts. This is yet another slippery slope. :shock:
Always happy to contribute to the corruption of youth and cause old guys work!
Michael
orerancher
Supporter
Supporter

Post by orerancher »

Ranch Dog wrote:
Macd wrote:Gotta get me one of those. I did a recoil calculation on the slug using 1500 FPS, 8 lb gun and 25 grains of powder. It gets close to BMG 50 range.
Jacket or slug? ;)

The life preserver is a lifesaver and not just with a slug gun. I use it now with a lot of rifles rather than the Lead Sled.

Might try to get one of Them.... For shootin My Rem. 600 .350mag...
horseman
Supporter
Supporter

Post by horseman »

larryw wrote:
daboone wrote: This is yet another slippery slope. :shock:
Come on now !! You love those "Slippery" slopes & you know it :o

Well Larry I believe you should give your good pal a hand on his "slippery" slope endeavor. I just happen to have a nice Mec 650 in 12 gauge with your name written all over it. OR a pretty much new Apex 91 in 12 gauge that would also fit you to a T......your choice.... :P
On second thought, the Mec would be a better choice as it is manually indexed. Yep, you need it.... ;)................It's freeeeee......... +of
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by daboone »

Horseman you'd better ask Lisa i don't think she is going to allow Larry to start anymore projects.
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.
larryw

Post by larryw »

How are you Hugh? Good to hear from you. Well, I've never loaded a shot shell, I've kept up with RD's writings on the slug loading adventure & it make me believe there is no way I could do that stuff.
Heck, I always thought you just dumped XX grains of powder, put in a wad or cup or ???
dump in XX amount of your chosen shot, crimped the end & started blasting??
Reading The Slug Adventures of Michael, Boy was I wrong.
Well, I shouldn't say " no way I could do that stuff " I probably could? I do like fiddling & figuring out things, & I always have wanted to try shot shells. Bet I could figure out a way to have a
load off &/or a shoot off, or pattern off with Dan???? Hmmmm?? The hamster just woke up,
I'll give you a call in a day or two & pick your brain on shot shell loading before I commit.
Hey, you need any 45cal brass yet :lol: :lol: :lol:
larryw

Post by larryw »

daboone wrote:Horseman you'd better ask Lisa i don't think she is going to allow Larry to start anymore projects.
QUIET, Daboone, she's sitting right here :o She would be ok with it, she just has no
concept of "Back burner " But she is getting better :):)
& stop frettin' I'll have your 1803 straightened out & fixed up before long :D :D
horseman
Supporter
Supporter

Post by horseman »

larryw wrote:How are you Hugh? Good to hear from you. Well, I've never loaded a shot shell, I've kept up with RD's writings on the slug loading adventure & it make me believe there is no way I could do that stuff.
Heck, I always thought you just dumped XX grains of powder, put in a wad or cup or ???
dump in XX amount of your chosen shot, crimped the end & started blasting??

I'm doin' just fine Pard..... And that is EXACTLY the way I load shot shells... :D (never done slugs though so RD is way over my head as well.... :shock:

I'll give you a call in a day or two & pick your brain on shot shell loading before I commit.
Hey, you need any 45cal brass yet :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll be around (I hope) so call anytime.... +corn
Ohio3Wheels
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

Back to recoil attenuation for a moment. I've been using one of the PAST recoil shields, don't recall what they called it but it's the max absorption version. Use it for long testing sessions for just about any of the guns when testing and the Wizard 45-70 when ever it comes out to play. I like it during the summer because it simulates thee heavy coat I'd have on during hunting season. Makes the crescent butt plate on the Rossi '92 in 45 Colt pleasant to shoot.

Make smoke,
Curt.......makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time +guns +guns

Return to “Cast Bullets, Buckshot, & Slugs”