Lee 312-155

Using your home cast bullets as a ammunition component. Group buys are listed here.
orerancher
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Lee 312-155

Post by orerancher »

Ordered this Mold off the Innernet on Tuesday, was in the Mail box on Friday...

Saturday Morning, while the Pot was heatin up, sprayed the NIB Mold with a little Brake cleaner..Smoked the Cavities with a Match...

First Two were a little wrinkled, after that this Mold dropped pretty little bullets every fill...

Dunno why Everybody badmouths Lee Molds.....All mine have never givin Me any trouble...

Cant say the same about some of the other Brands of Molds I have...
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: Lee 312-155

Post by Ranch Dog »

I've got a bunch of Lee molds and have never had any trouble.

My memory is getting awful but if I did have a problem, Lee fixed it.
Michael
Old Scribe
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by Old Scribe »

I like the Lee moulds too. Any time there was a problem it was usually due to the knotted using the mould.
"Well here's another nice mess you've gotten me into." Oliver Hardy
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by RBHarter »

Got a couple myself .
I'm not impressed with the 380 RB moulds and the tangical cut off . They cast fine but the cut off leaves a flat that makes the ball .370 and that's not good in a 36 cal revolver with .375 chambers . I bought 2 over a year apart same thing .
I wouldn't trade the 452-255 , 452-200,401-175 , 358-200 or 00B 6 holes for ....... Ok maybe I would but I like the ones I have just fine .
I do have one that is stubborn and another with chatter marks , but I also have a really expensive brass mould that has the same faults in one cavity .
Of 60 some moulds about 1/3 are Lee and they really , except the RB .380s , have been no more or less trouble than others .
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
Macd
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Macd »

Okay molds. Have had a few issues over the years with a couple of molds including one I had to modify to prevent the alignment pins from being pushed in which caused alignment problems. I have also had to put in the locking screw to prevent the sprue plate from working loose. I just ordered another mold, a C309-150F.
reloader762
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by reloader762 »

I have about 14 Lee mold in various pistol an rifle calibers. Only had one that I ended up trashing but I don't remember how many thousands of bullets I cast with it over the years before it just started falling apart. Other than that if they have a design I like I'll buy a Lee. I have other custom molds as well for Accurate, Arsenal as well as NOE but they are for designs that Lee doesn't offer, mostly HP designs and heavy for caliber bullets or with larger meplats.
The Reloaders Network discord Channel
https://discord.gg/Nafuzht

Return to “Cast Bullets, Buckshot, & Slugs”