Group Analysis

Lee Shooter and other programs for storing your reloading records.
Macd
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Group Analysis

Post by Macd »

I have been labouriously entering my target information into my database for analysis and record keeping. It is not my favourate pastime, that is for sure. It also require me to approximate shot placement on the digital target or get out the ruler and measure each shot from say bullseye or centre lines. The other day I found a free app for my Android phone that seems to work great. You simply take a picture of the group, establish a measurement reference, highlight each shot on the picture a press the analyze button. It outputs: Group size in " and MOA, Group area WxH, Mean Radius and POI. If I could figure out how to take a screen grab I would post a picture. It is called "Range Buddy".
Okay figured a way.
Target Range Buddy.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: Group Analysis

Post by Ranch Dog »

I have used several apps that do the same thing. My Caldwell Target Camera app is one. I do take my paper targets and record them in the TMT Precision Records software that I use. You lay to target against your screen and then click the bullet holes. The good thing about the software is that it analyzes groups against others that have been recorded within the firearm record.

Examples: http://tmtpages.com/New_Prec_Rec/Help/h ... _and10.htm

The software makes load selection from the evaluation loads easy.
Michael
Ohio3Wheels
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Re: Group Analysis

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

There was another piece of software that I lost about 3 crashes ago that you scanned the group and it ran an analysis. Hadn't saved the download before the hard drive bit the bullet and don't remember the name.

Make smoke,
Curt.......makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time +guns +guns

Return to “Record Keeping”