New to whack a moles.

Tell us a bit about yourself!
huntnfish08
My Press Choice: Single Stage

New to whack a moles.

Post by huntnfish08 »

I've been wanting one of these for 20 years. I just bought a lot of 5. I haven't even received them yet but I want more!
I love my Lee single stage but there is something about the Lee loader that just seems satisfying. I can't wait to get started.
larryw
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter

Re: New to whack a moles.

Post by larryw »

Howdy & welcome from Arizona.
I loaded my first round ever, with a Lee Loader when I was 8 years old.
38 Spec with a 148gr button nose WC. That was also my first cast bullet, cast by me, everything under Dads supervision. Don't have the original Lee Loader but, I still have & use that mold. I am now going on 65, still pound out a few with a LL every now & then.
A day late & A dollar short? Story of my life +guns
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by RBHarter »

Welcome . I had a few , they needed new homes .....
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
cj8281
250 Shots
250 Shots
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by cj8281 »

I have a few, .380, 38 S&W, 38 spl, 357mag, 9mm, 44 mag,45 acp, 45 Colt, 223, 243, 6mm Rem, 7mm Mag, 30-30, 30'06, 7.62x54R, 20 ga (2.75), 12 ga (3in). I have used the 38 spl the most, have loaded hundreds of rounds with it. Loaded consistent with it. I have heard that some people collect them.

There are 2 basic classes of them, new and old.

The old ones came in paper boxes and used the Cu in dippers. They were made by Lee Custom Engineering. The early dippers were aluminum and had letter designations. The later ones were made of a plastic, the early ones black and the later ones, red. There were also target models besides the standard ones. There were also shotshell loaders which I believe is what started all of these.

The new ones come in plastic boxes with CC dippers. These are made by Lee Precision. The first ones had opaque red boxes with folding lids, then they switched to the now red translucent boxes with the lift off lid. I do not believe there were any shotshell loaders made by Lee Precision. Lee Precision was all ready making the Lee LoadAll.

OK, I'll shut up now.
toot
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by toot »

Welcome. they are so simple to use & are just great to use. they certainally have gone up in price!

Return to “Member Introductions”