Greetings From Kansas City

Tell us a bit about yourself!
Fulmaduro
My Press Choice: Turret

Greetings From Kansas City

Post by Fulmaduro »

Hello, thank you for adding me (Tony Z (Fulmaduro). Kind of long here.

Started reloading in 1985 when I bought my first handgun, a Dan Wesson 77VH-8 in .44 Magnum. I started with an original Lee Challenger press and an original Auto Prime (still have). Added a Lee Pro 1000 in 9mm and loved that press and the Auto Disk powder measure (still have 2). I was an Ammunition Technician in the Marine Corps and had unlimited access to spent .45ACP Match cases, along with 9mm and 5.56 and 7.62. I used a Lee Hand Press on lunch breaks and regularly deprimed and swaged the primer pockets of 9mm cases and had a very nice free stash ready to load for the weekends.

Bought a Classic Lee Loader in '87 when I bought a new Ruger 77R in 7mm Rem Mag. That loader was used out in the desert camping on many occasions. Currently own a Lee APP which I love, and a Value Turret 4 station press, and a green single stage. Cast my own with a Lee Production Pot and a Lyman ladle casting outfit. Have about 10 sets of Lee molds and love the 476-400-RF for my 480 Ruger, drops about 384gr with WW. The APP with Lee sizing dies is amazing and makes cast bullet pandemic life easy.

Fulmaduro
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: Greetings From Kansas City

Post by Ranch Dog »

Welcome to the forum! Interesting background, and thanks for your service... from an Army nerd!

Very nice that you were able to pick up the brass while you were still active. What was the USMC shooting the 7.62x39 out of? The cartridge has become one of my favorites and in these times, the large primer pocket is a win. I have a Savage 10 Scout and a Ruger Mini-30 Scout.
Michael
Fulmaduro

Post by Fulmaduro »

The Marine Corps rifle team shot a lot of 7.62x51 out of match grade M14's at Camp Pendleton, CA. I was a range coach a couple of times a year and got a hold of the match brass during those shoots. The Marine Corps doesn't account for retrograde ammo casings like the Army, one of the reasons I hated turning in anything at Army ammo dumps. They account for every last piece. The Marines just dump expended small arms brass into barrels and sell to the highest bidder at DRMO auctions annually. At least it was like that up until 2000.

I have shot a few scout rifles and love the concept. Colonel Jeff Cooper was ahead of his time when he was pushing the scout concept. Thanks for your service!
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by RBHarter »

I may have shipped that ammo ....HWAAP or HWAD .

Welcome .
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
larryw
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by larryw »

Welcome from Arizona & a fellow Vet. Great place here..
A day late & A dollar short? Story of my life +guns
toot

Post by toot »

Welcome.

Return to “Member Introductions”