Another Texan ...

Tell us a bit about yourself!
Steelburner
My Press Choice: Turret

Another Texan ...

Post by Steelburner »

Hello one and all. I'm a Lee Precision fan from South Central Texas who has been a dedicated fan of their products since the 1960s when I started loading .44 Special ammo and 12-gauge shotgun paper hulls on our kitchen table with two Lee Loaders.

Once upon a time I had a question for them and called long distance to Lee. The phone rang and then a man answered. "Lee Precision, this is Dick Lee." I stuttered and asked my question and he immediately gave me an answer. (He may have said 'Lee Engineering' at that time.)

For some reason, that hooked me on the company and its products.

Now I have three presses, all Lee. I have NOTHING but Lee reloading equipment and have had good luck with all but one product, the newer Safety Prime equipment. I could never get a good loading from the product and so I stowed them away and did a jury-rigging job on my old Safety Prime stuff. I got it working again with some super glue and have not used the newer models again.

I reload for .327 Federal magnum and most other .32s, .38 Special and .357, .44 Special and Magnum, 9mm Luger, and .45 Colt. I also have dies for .32-30 as I once reloaded for a Colt revolver I have since sold.

I have 6 revolvers, two pistols, and 3 rifles. Two rifles are Rossi 92 lever actions, one in .44 Special and Magnum and another one in .45 Colt. The Lee reloading turret press I most often use turns out factory-like ammo that feeds through them smoothly. All my reloads must pass the 'plunk' test. The last rifle is a .22.

I'm looking forward to comradeship and shared knowledge on this forum.

Steelburner

Steelburner
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: Another Texan ...

Post by RBHarter »

Welcome !

You don't have to be a die hard Lee guy , they let me stay around with all my green gear . I do use a number Lee bullet moulds .
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: Another Texan ...

Post by Ranch Dog »

Welcome to the forum!
Michael

Return to “Member Introductions”