New Reloader

Tell us a bit about yourself!
Lean64
My Press Choice: Progressive

New Reloader

Post by Lean64 »

Hello from GA,
I am relatively new to the reloading game (about a year now) and really enjoy it. I started with a Lee .45acp hand loader, quickly figured out that was not for me and moved on to a Lee Classic Turret Press. I reloaded 40/45, and 9mm with the Turret, and even went to the inline fabrication reverse rotation with the case kicker. This mod made a decent improvement on the number of rounds I can reload. However, I still was looking for better production and decided to go to a Loadmaster. Still working through the nuances of the Loadmaster. Just added a primer warning light to it without having to drill through the carrier. I ran it around and under the priming system - under the shell plate it seems to work well. Ran about 50 rounds yesterday will now problems.
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: New Reloader

Post by RBHarter »

Welcome !

I'm more of a single stage guy , doing batches myself , but I have multiple presses on the bench so I guess I could go for a progressive type .

I do a fair amount of case forming so the turrets just aren't enough press although I can't find any fault . I tried really hard to love the LM , I just couldn't . It demander too much attention and cleaning for the area I was in at the time when I had it all right , it was great , and when it was off it was just completely unpleasant .
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by GasGuzzler »

I've only been doing it for 6-8 years. I have a Lee LCT as well plus a big Lee single stage and a Lee APP. The most I ever did at once was 500 .223 REM so the LCT is just right for me. I have multiple turrets set up and labelled. I only have to do tough work if I change a load.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
Lean64

Post by Lean64 »

So far the LM is a little frustrating trying to get the hang of it. I tried running some more 45 this afternoon but ran into a case feed issue and eventually had to disassemble it and reset it and once I did it seem to run smooth. To be honest it was the same with the turret. Just more to deal with the LM.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Welcome to the forum Lean. I'm a turret (rifle) and Load-Master guy (pistol & semi-auto rifle), but not much as of late because of a move. My reloading room has been boxed up for five solid months as of now. I keep saying next month, but there is always another project on the new place downrange. It reminds me of the move RBHarter went through. Losing the private range did not help, but I'm figuring that end of it out.

I have four of the LMs, and the #1 rule, can't achieve any level of success without it, is that the bench as to be solid; no movement, no flexing, or giving of any kind.
Michael
Lean64

Post by Lean64 »

I agree, the bench is lag bolted to the wall. My biggest issue is probably just being new to the LM!
Fyodor
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter

Post by Fyodor »

Herzlich Willkommen from Germany!
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
- Evelyn Beatrice Hall, often misattributed to Voltaire

I think I'm thinking, therefore I may possibly be.

Return to “Member Introductions”