Fresh meat!

Tell us a bit about yourself!
Green Frog
My Press Choice: Lee Loader

Fresh meat!

Post by Green Frog »

Well, thanks to a tip from mdi, I’ve found your little band am now a member. Let me begin by stating that I have virtually no brand loyalty and my loading bench looks like a rainbow? I appreciate the good features and items that come from whatever company produces them. 8-)

I collect priming tools and regard the original pot metal bodied tool with screw in shell holders to be the epitome of great tools. In fact it was a discussion of this tool over on Cast Boolits that led to the tip that brought me here. :S

I’m curious... do you discuss and compare the Mequon derivations of Lee products here or stick solely on the straight line with the current and original Lee? Forgive me if I’m broaching a sore subject, but as I said previously, I go where I find neat stuff. :mrgreen:

Regards to all,
Froggie
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: Fresh meat!

Post by RBHarter »

I have a bench full of green ..... And blue and red and black and Lee .

I have most of my Lee equipment in casting . 3 pots , 8-9 sizers , a dozen moulds .
No bones if I need a die that I anticipate forming brass where I have to move a shoulder I skip Lee but sometimes that's what's available so I just find a work around . 358 Win for example I just bought 200 308 and necked up instead of form and trim 100 of the 270 the had already with nothing to put them in . It's the vent hole that scores ..... I am happy with the 45 S&W set the 308 set is good , 40 S&W , 45 ACP are both good also . But I'm not changing case shape with them .

I think we also all agree that the chamfer deburr tool leaves something to be desired .
I am a new ram prime owner and had to adjust it just a little bit but we're happy now until I break out the press bushing/shell holder adapter or launch another primer anvil ......... Shouldn't happen again .

Nope pretty easy going bunch , no bashing allowed unless it's just a horrible thing .
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
scott511
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by scott511 »

Welcome Froggie from another new guy
larryw
Founding Member & Supporter

Post by larryw »

Howdy & welcome from Arizona. Someone coined a term for us several years back.
" Low life Lee lovers " I believe it was. Gotta admit, Mr, Richard Lee was a genius !!!
Like RBH said, all sorts of colors & names on my bench, with a whole truck load of Lee.
I started loading in 1965 with a 38spec Lee Loader (Whack-A-Mole) .
Great people here with stupid, crazy, amount of knowledge & experience.
& unlike some other places, they freely share it...
A day late & A dollar short? Story of my life +guns
AlaskanGuy
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by AlaskanGuy »

greetings Mr Frog.. Markopolo or alaskanguy, I answer to both.
Any technology, not understood, can seem like magic....
Green Frog

Post by Green Frog »

Thanks guys for all the warm welcomes. I have been seeing some familiar looking screen names as I have perused the site here. Generally speaking, if you see the screen name "Green Frog" on any shooting related site, it's probably me, especially if I tend to sign off "Froggie." Only on the North-South Skirmish Association website did I lose my GF name due to a technical glitch so I became RangerFrog since I'm in the 1st Valley Rangers.

Back to my question from earlier... do we discuss the Mequon branch of the Lee story or is that regarded here as heresy? I know there was a bit of "bad blood" between the companies, but there was a lot of overlap as well. I am particularly interested in the "Improved" loaders that had the red plastic priming tools and I also have one of the pistol rests (pseudo Ransom Rest) with a couple of tops and a variety of gun holding inserts. Like I said, I go for whatever works for me, not the particular company.

Regards,
Froggie
Green Frog

Post by Green Frog »

I should have mentioned previously, I use not one but two of the nominal 20 pound bottom pour lead pots. They get the bad rap as "drip-a-matics" but if I stay on them, they aren't bad. No worse than the old 10 pound and later 20 pounders from Lyman that Dad and I wore out! I think all bottom pour lead pots need to be kept clean and in good adjustment, and they will do fine. The Lee is no worse and no better, in my experience. I see people slam them and wonder what they have actually done with theirs and what other brands they have actually cast with.

Froggie
norris
My Press Choice: Load-All

Post by norris »

Welcome from Washington state

I am getting into casting. I have a Lee 4 20 pot that I have not turned on yet for the first time. I am looking forward to learning a new trick in the reloading world.
horseman
Supporter
Supporter

Post by horseman »

Welcome to the forum from south central Washington, East of the Cascade's. Commonly known as the "right" side of the state. I've seen, read and responded to several of your threads/posts on other forums. Pretty sure the first place I recall was the original Lee Loadmaster forum several years back. Same user name as here. Good folks here as well.

Return to “Member Introductions”