Newbie in Illinois

Tell us a bit about yourself!
MarkE
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Newbie in Illinois

Post by MarkE »

Hello! Semi-retiree brand new to reloading here. I just mounted my new Breechlock Challenger to my workbench a few days ago and de-primed a few hundred 9mm cases. Cleaned them in a dry tumbler. That’s all the farther I can go until I get primers, which should arrive next week. (I hope!) I plan to start very small once I do get started. I’ve read the Lee and Hornady reloading manuals over and over, and have watched countless hours of videos, but I don’t have a local mentor. Glad I discovered this forum!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: Newbie in Illinois

Post by Ranch Dog »

Welcome to the both the forum and reloading! Got any questions, just ask. A lot of friendly reloaders here.
Michael
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by RBHarter »

Most of us are fairly helpful too .

Welcome into the abyss ....um I mean the forum and reloading hobby . :)
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
larryw
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter

Post by larryw »

Howdy Mark & welcome. Tons of crazy experience & knowledge here.
You have a great little press in that Challenger.
A day late & A dollar short? Story of my life +guns
MarkE

Post by MarkE »

Reloading will have to wait. UPS has managed to lose the package with my order of small pistol primers. I’ve contacted the shipper and will probably have to file a claim. Disappointing for sure. I would have thought the haz mat shipping fee would have meant the package received extra care during handling. It wouldn’t be so bad if there were any other small pistol primers available on Earth to purchase. Also a bit concerning that a box with powder and primers is just laying around somewhere. Or even worse, stolen. Oh well, as my dad used to say, “Life is full of little disappointments.”
Macd
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Macd »

Welcome. Too bad about lost parcel. UPS is overwhelmed here and using all sorts of local carriers to get things delivered. Their tracking system is unreliable so maybe your package has just been misdirected.

When I first started loading thought I had everything I needed. It didn't take long to learn I needed a bullet puller. After many years I needed more room lol.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

That is too bad. Hopefully it will show up unannounced.
Michael
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by RBHarter »

I could tell you a horror story about a rifle in FedEx that went from just north of Little Rock Arkansas to Springfield MO then Memphis TN and down to Savannah GA then wandered across I10 to Tucson in just 9 days , a red lable package with a rifle in it . It sat 4 business in Tucson then averaged 70 mph for just over 500 miles with 6 scans to delivery through Pheonix and Las Vegas . It took 13 days from the first scan 14 from its lable generation and pick up . It only spent 36 hr in transit once .

UPS lost a compressor motor once for 3 weeks from LA to more or less Reno it went by way of Penn State and NY to get to NV ...... It arrived 3 days after the replacement motor .

Weird stuff happens sometimes , UPS has been pretty good about accepting fault for misdirected goods FedEx and USPS not so much .
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....

Return to “Member Introductions”